Sign in to follow this  
verdehunter

FS has issued Travel Tickets....

Time for all the motorized warriors out there to get a frame pack and some good boots...

• Like 1

Time for all the motorized warriors out there to get a frame pack and some good boots...

I don't have a problem to a point with that Lance. But is the forest circus going to provide a means to help my uncle get game out of the field when he can't walk with a pack from war injuries but he still enjoys a good hunt. How is he to get game out of the field?

Forest Service= Government which = a bunch of incompetent people with badges.

• Like 2

I don't have a problem to a point with that Lance. But is the forest circus going to provide a means to help my uncle get game out of the field when he can't walk with a pack from war injuries but he still enjoys a good hunt. How is he to get game out of the field?

Doesn't sound like he needs to drive off road, just needs some good friends and family to help pack it out.

• Like 2

Doesn't sound like he needs to drive off road, just needs some good friends and family to help pack it out.

There should be exceptions to every rule. especially for those who served and was injured as a result of that selfless service...... PERIOD!!!

• Like 3

Whats BS is that over the weekend, there were two different camps with in about a hundred FEET from water holes. One was blocking the road that went by it, and riding into the water. We called FS, which was more or less their dispatch, and was straight up told that there were not enough officers to respond to that area, and that they were not sure that was even a law.

ETA:

Not to mention all these "closed" roads have been traveled so much in the past two weeks they look like highways again! I know you can not catch everyone, and you need to police yourself, but this whole thing is a BS money grab from people who have no idea what they are doing.

Whats BS is that over the weekend, there were two different camps with in about a hundred FEET from water holes. One was blocking the road that went by it, and riding into the water. We called FS, which was more or less their dispatch, and was straight up told that there were not enough officers to respond to that area, and that they were not sure that was even a law.

ETA:

Not to mention all these "closed" roads have been traveled so much in the past two weeks they look like highways again! I know you can not catch everyone, and you need to police yourself, but this whole thing is a BS money grab from people who have no idea what they are doing.

Exaclty, just like when they made everyone license their side by sides, quads, and off road vehicles thats so stupid. We already have to pay highway taxed fuel to put in our off road vehicles then they make you get an annual tag. Thats why every chance I get I mix red diesel with two stroke oil in my Cummins to stick it to the man.

• Like 1

They should have the woodcutters make sure they have a good pack and good boots to carry out that cord of wood also. There is a lot of wood pewrmits out there and they are exempt from the same restrictions hunters are being held to. Please explain the motivationj there.

vital zone next time I go wood cutting your more then welcome to come pack it out for me. The travel manegment laws are BS plain and simple you wasnt suppose to drive off the roads and tear stuff up in the first place but they didnt have the poeple to enforce that

I could not agree more, just do not see where elk retreival has more damage to the enviroment than retreiving a cord of wood, and why only in specific units.

Heard on the radio this morning that the Coconino FS has issued tickets to some hunters who broke the rules and traveled off road to retrieve game....

I just hope this hunters did not had any cwt.com stickers on theit trucks or atv's.

Yeah you probably walked uphill both ways to school back in the day, not everybody has as many friends and family as you.

Sorry to disapoint you, but never had to walk to school... and in all my years of hunting and guiding i never found the need to drive across country to retrieve any of my downed animals.

• Like 1

Sorry to disapoint you, but never had to walk to school... and in all my years of hunting and guiding i never found the need to drive across country to retrieve any of my downed animals.

+1...skin it quarter it and pack it out right there. I used to wonder when i was young how all these trucks would have whole bull elk in the bed. Not even gutted or skinned or anything. Then they would be driving it around town showing off. I used to think two things....1, did they shoot it on the road?....2, arent they worried it is going to spoil? Didnt even know you could drive in to retrieve game, dad made me quarter it and pack it out.