Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

MY HOME BURGLARIZED

Thieves broke into our Tucson home this week and stole, among other things, 33 of my rifles and shotguns. Several are distinctive or rare. If you see them at a swap meet, gun store or yard sale, please call the police or sheriff's office:

1. A Ruger No. 1 in .270 Winchester. This is unfired, new in box, and just one of 50 adorned with a medallion on each side of the receiver. One side features the 100th anniversary of Wyoming statehood; the other features the 50th anniversary of the Lander, Wyoming, One Shot Antelope Hunt.

2. A Model 70 Super Grade .375 H&H. This was presented to me when I retired from SCI. The right side of the butt stock was professionally laser carved with my name and words commemorating my producing SCI's publications from 1983-1999. It also is unfired and new in box.

3. A Browning Citori 28 gauge in a black leatherette-covered Spanish-built take-down box. This little shotgun is like new, but has had about 100 rounds fired through it.

4. A Remington 700 BDL in 6.5mm Remington Magnum. It has a 3x9X scope with duplex reticle on it, but I've forgotten who made it. Most 6.5mm RM were made as carbines, and the 700 version is rare.

5. A custom Mannlicher .257 Roberts made on a Japanese Arisaka action, with the custom smith's name (Frank Wells) on the barrel. The stock is quite beat up. There is a receiver sight, but no scope. It was my saddle gun when I still had horses and a mule.

6. A flintlock .54 caliber early Kentucky-style muzzleloader. I built this rifle from parts and a chunk of Texas walnut. I carved the area around the cheekpiece with a floral design.

7. A half-stock muzzleloader with a pewter forend tip and walnut stock. I also built this rifle. There is a photo of it in my boook, Sixty Years A Hunter.

8. An original .45 caliber early Dixie percussion muzzleloading long rifle. Never fired. Its stock is stained a reddish color.

9. An early Belgium Browning 12 gauge superimposed shotgun. It was reblued, but the stock was never refinished. It was used extensively by a trapshooter before I bought it years ago, and it breaks open very easily.

10. An early .303 Savage model 99 Savage. I swapped its original curved buttstock for a straight butt and installed a scope and sling swivel. (The front swivel went on the barrel, but is missing now.)

The other 23 firearms include a .257 Roberts tang safety Ruger 77; an old Savage pump 20 gauge shotgun, a new-looking side-by-side Spanish 12-gauge shotgun; a 16-gauge single shot Winchester shotgun that I had started to checker and quit; a Model 70 Super Grade .458 Win Mag rifle with a 4-power Leupold scope; a Remington 700 BDL .22/250 with 4-12X scope; a Model 70 pre-64 Winchester .458 WM; a post-64 .30-06 Super Grade Model 70 with a 3x9 Burris scope; an old S&W Smith & Wesson .38 special revolver; etc., etc.

Also stolen were the bleached skulls of black bear, mountain lion, javelinas and African lion, and two authentic Massai spears.

Bill Quimby

Bill I am real sorry to hear about this. It seems like it is getting more difficult all the time to keep what is yours between the theives and this great governent of ours. Good luck in recovering!!!

I'm so sorry. being robbed is horrible to go through. we have a house alarm now. ill definitely pass the info along to my husband and father-in-law who are into guns so they can keep their eyes open. I hope you are able to find at least some of your belongings.

Bill,

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I know when you are robbed, not only do you lose you possessions, but you lose your sense of security within your own home. Hopefully you will be able to recover everything soon.

That's terrible Bill. Will definately keep the eyes open for any of those as well as spreading the word with other to keep an eye out.

I was enjoying my moring here on cwt until I came across your post Bill. Now I'm just sick to my stomach and mad at the same time. Peg and I are so sorry this had to happen to you. I hope they catch the thieves and you recover your property back. No one should ever have to go thru something like this.

Thieves need to be shot in public right after they chop off their fingers.

TJ

So sorry you and your family have to go through this. Hoping officials find your property and justice is served!

• Like 1

Terrible thing to happen to anyone. Invasion of ones home is unforgivable!! You wonder who would know of your belongings, my guess, not random but someone you know!!!

I was enjoying my moring here on cwt until I came across your post Bill. Now I'm just sick to my stomach and mad at the same time. Peg and I are so sorry this had to happen to you. I hope they catch the thieves and you recover your property back. No one should ever have to go thru something like this.

Thieves need to be shot in public right after they chop off their fingers.

TJ

Yep....that sums it up.............hang'em high!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss Bill. Did you have the weapons insured. I am currently going thru the process with my insurance to get all my weapons and equipment insured on our home insurance. This will cover me in case anything ever gets stolen out of my vehicle. I highly suggest everyone do this. If you do not have the weapons and equipment on your insurance it will not be covered if it get's stolen out of you vehicle.

Adam

Sorry to hear about your loss Bill. Did you have the weapons insured. I am currently going thru the process with my insurance to get all my weapons and equipment insured on our home insurance. This will cover me in case anything ever gets stolen out of my vehicle. I highly suggest everyone do this. If you do not have the weapons and equipment on your insurance it will not be covered if it get's stolen out of you vehicle.

Adam

I agree Adam, something to look into for sure.

But look at that list of guns......not replaceable :angry: :angry: :angry:

Adam

Maybe pictures too.................man good luck Bill that really bites..............