Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Wow!

Hard to compare a 5-2 record when they're schedule has not nearly matched the schedule that U of A has had.

It all comes down to Nov. 23.. Who cares what their respective schedules are until that game.

Graham has made you guys a better more disciplined team not doubt, but ASU is middle of the pac at best. Oregon could of easily put up 70+ points. They almost literally quite playing offense before the half was even over. The rest of the season should be interesting!

We don't make the schedule we just play it for what it's worth!! No it doesn't come down to the 23 rd, ASU hasn't given up on the season because of this loss!! Unlike the mildrats!! The DEVILS will roll the 23rd!

• Like 1

If Will Sutton doesn't return fast, ASU is going to struggle to win their remaining games. It's impossible to replace the number 2 defensive lineman in the country.

His loss last night doomed the devils. It would have been a much closer game with him.

• Like 1

Trying to compare whose loss to Oregon was less bad is like trying to decide which girl at a bar is less ugly.

• Like 2

Trying to compare whose loss to Oregon was less bad is like trying to decide which girl at a bar is less ugly.

LMAO

With that said a shut out is still a shut out!!!

Yes, and no. The reason that UA got shut out was because Oregon was playing their starters in the second half. The reason they were playing their starters was because the outcome wasn't certain at half (not that it was close, it just wasn't 20+), ASU had the opportunity to play its starters against a lot of Oregon backups in the second half. Now, that being said if ASU had been able to make a field goal, punch it in from the one, and make a catch in the endzone on the last play of the game; the outcome could have looked a lot different. That would have put them within 5. Unfortunately, they didn't. What they did do was turn the ball over a lot, and give up an ungodly number of rushing yards. Those big runs in the first half were directly related to the lack of Will Sutton up front, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. So all in all I really think both performances were pretty similar. ASU had trouble executing against the duck defense, and UA never could take advantage of opportunities that presented themselves. One thing is clear to me, Oregon is a big, bad football team and I for one hope they beat the pants off an SEC team in the BCS championship.

With that said a shut out is still a shut out!!!

Yes, and no. The reason that UA got shut out was because Oregon was playing their starters in the second half. The reason they were playing their starters was because the outcome wasn't certain at half (not that it was close, it just wasn't 20+), ASU had the opportunity to play its starters against a lot of Oregon backups in the second half. Now, that being said if ASU had been able to make a field goal, punch it in from the one, and make a catch in the endzone on the last play of the game; the outcome could have looked a lot different. That would have put them within 5. Unfortunately, they didn't. What they did do was turn the ball over a lot, and give up an ungodly number of rushing yards. Those big runs in the first half were directly related to the lack of Will Sutton up front, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. So all in all I really think both performances were pretty similar. ASU had trouble executing against the duck defense, and UA never could take advantage of opportunities that presented themselves. One thing is clear to me, Oregon is a big, bad football team and I for one hope they beat the pants off an SEC team in the BCS championship.

Sutton would of helped, but you guys were beat in every aspect and still would of been with him in. Remember you guys lost to a bad Missouri which hurts the PAC because they are a bottom barrel SEC team. Still along ways to go for these programs to be thinking national recognition.