Sign in to follow this  
Koury Guide Service

Giant 7x7 down!

After 4 days of looking under every tree and walking endless miles zig zagging through the thick draws the hunt is over. This afternoon Russell decided to go to on the uphill side of the draw we shot the bull in and that was the break we needed. After looking over a dirt tank dike and seeing a horn in the air Russell made a mad scramble to the tank. Once arriving at the tank the AZ Game and Fish were there along with another older couple that had seen the bull and called it in. After supplying numerous pictures of the bull and explaining exactly where the bull was shot in the body and location of the last blood the elk was turned over to Russell by the AZ Game and Fish game warden.We shot this awesome bull last Friday morning at 39 yards and hit him in the left shoulder and the arrow penetrated approx 25 inches into the bulls chest cavity. After we lost the blood trail and could no longer follow tracks due to to many elk tracks in the area it was not a happy site. At that point Russell told me "I'm done hunting, that was my bull and I will look until I find him". And that he did. I would like to send out a special thanks to all those that have helped us look for this awesome elk. And also a huge kudos to Russell for never giving up and shooting another elk. You don't hear of people like this very often, instead you hear about the guy that shoots and wounds numerous elk and just keeps hunting instead of putting all that effort into finding there elk. A Huge CONGRATS Russell.Here are a couple pictures from the video before we shoot him. Look at the left third in these pictures and then look at the kill photos. This bull fought right before we got the shot and broke his third.

3c+390-1.jpg

3c+390-2.jpg

3c+390-3.jpg

Here are a couple of the kill photos! The right beam is over 60 inches!

3c+rus.jpg

3c+rus-2.jpg

3c+rus-3.jpg

3c+rus-4.jpg

Here is a short video clip of the bull before we harvested him. Enjoy!

5204296356815905627-1188511849079168349?l=kouryguideservice1.blogspot.com

View the full article

• Like 1

Great bull! Congrats on finding and finally putting a tag on him.

Thanks for sharing Shane. Glad to hear of the happy ending. Congratulations to Russel and for not giving up. :)

TJ

Toad of a bull!

A lot of respect for the hunter for doing the right thing. Glad to see it paid off, in a big way. Congrats guys.

+1! Thanks to all involved!

^^^^^^^

This! Way to go!

Russell is a great example of a true sportsman. He has the heart of a hunter.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Huge congrats Shane and Russell. That bull as alluded many a hunter the last couple years. Including myself, and I'm glad he was found.

I had this bull at 30 yards 2 times in 2010 and couldn't seal the deal, man I'm a bit jealous but nice job.