Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

My grandpa

After a month long battle at the burn unit my mentor in life and especially hunting passed away. Bob lane a 83 year old native hunter of Arizona his whole life will be truly missed. From dove hunts in the cotton fields, hunting quail and those stinking pigs, his desert big horn sheep hunt, to the last spike elk you took with me in cedar flats I will never forget any of those memories. Thank you for teaching me how to be a man and a hunter. I know you will be watching over me on my deer and elk hunt this year and for years to come. Love you tons Pa I know you have already shot a spike or two in heaven.

My grandma passed away 3 years ago During my elk hunt. I went back up to hunt after spending time with her in her last day alive. I swear she was up there with me and helped me take my first ever archery animal. I will never forget that. I know your gramps will be watxhing over you the same way my grandma watched over me

my prayers go out to you my brother!

my wife and I send our condolences to you and your family!

I know he's eating a nice backstrap from a tender spike in heaven!!

James

Sorry for your loss , being a grand parent myself I know how important it is to mentor and teach your grand kids and leave them with a lasting memory of great times together !!!!

May he rest in peace and the memory of his love comfort you.

Thank you for sharing your loving memory of your grampa. Thoughts and prayers for family and friends. The memories you have of your grandpa will last a lifetime. I can assure you he will be with you and continue to guide you thru each and every hunt from the heavens above.

TJ

Thank you all for your kind words, his wake will be held this Sunday. My deer hunt start on the 9th and that couldnt come soon enough, I have been an emotional wreck and need some time in the woods.

Thank you all for your kind words, his wake will be held this Sunday. My deer hunt start on the 9th and that couldnt come soon enough, I have been an emotional wreck and need some time in the woods.

And there isn't a better place to spend when looking for some healing, it will be tough, but your grandpa will be with you every step of the way while you are out there.......83..........and a life well lived I am sure.......