Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Trail cam pics

Very cool lance! Don't give any info on your spot, they might close it! Lol jk

• Like 1

Awesome photos Lance!

Hahahaha might as well send them to Sky Island hippie alliance too so they can ban hunting in every unit with a sky island. Lance won't be sending those to the Heritage Fund cops.

• Like 1

Are your serious that they would shut down an area because of a sighting? Don't some G&F employees belong to this site? They may already know. I'm sure those pics were taken in the Grand Canyon boundry......at least that is what I would say if they were going to shut down my hunt!

Very cool pictures. It's sad you get pictures like that and instead of enjoying them and sharing them with others, you have to deals with all the political pressures. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that is an Ocelot (sp) the markings and size are different then a Jag. But they are just as hard to find. Thats so cool to see something like that on your cam.

• Like 2

Any idea on how big that one is? I know they can get quite a bit bigger than a Mountain Lion and they have always facinated me but I haven't seen one in the wild.

They have an incredible bite force and are only out done by the Hyena which explains why they eat turtles and kill deer by sinking their teeth through the skull into the brain rather than through aphixiation. As I understand it a big male can go 350#'s and that is a lot of puddycat.

I am pretty sure that is an Ocelot (sp) the markings and size are different then a Jag. But they are just as hard to find. Thats so cool to see something like that on your cam.

Yep, pretty sure it is an ocelot. Too small to be a jag and the spots are wrong. Way cool Lance

I know its tough to see, but I believe its the same Jaguar... It has the same really dark tail. I need to invest in some better trail cams... or ones that take color photos with a flash.

How far off the ground is the camera? May just need more infrared action to get more light.

saw a news clip of a jaguar caught on camera by an az hunter or they confirmed it was a jag and not a ocelot....you may not be the only 1 gettin this awesome critter on camera?

thanks for sharing!

James