Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Trail cam pics

I think it is funny that Game and Fish has to rely on hunters for info and sightings of these rare cats... who are the real biologists and conservationists?

That is awesome, These animals are so rare. As Lance has said, the odds of this being the same cat is pretty slim. I think there are more than what was once thought. Or maybe they are just immigrating like all the other people down there.

I'm no expert but I'm calling jaguar on both pics. Awesome pics!

I'm no expert but I'm calling jaguar on both pics. Awesome pics!

I agree they both look like Jaguars to me. Both of them have tails like a mountain lion and they both look way too big to be a ocelot.

OK, maybe I'm wrong... Still way cool pics Lance. It will be neat to see if it comes back again.

Very cool pictures

Awesome pictures Lance! Hopefully you get to see that big guy one day and he doesn't see you.

• Like 1

I retract my last comment about being an ocelot, being that I can see the size compared to the bear. That is really cool!!!! I think it looks like a female jag which is even more rare to see. maybe there is a male around....

I think it is funny that Game and Fish has to rely on hunters for info and sightings of these rare cats... who are the real biologists and conservationists?

There is only one or two WM's per unit, yet 100s of hunters. Why wouldn't they rely on hunters? What is wrong with that? They don't have unlimited resources and rely on us hunters to help. (BTW, I also feel strongly that it is the hunter's right to hold on to information they aquire. No need to turn it over to G&F if you don't want to.)

S.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see if you get better pics with the cam you replaced. I say it is a Jag....or two Jags :D

I say it is a Jag....or two Jags :D

I say tag 'em, then bag 'em. After that, you can run a conclusive DNA analysis to determine their species.

Of course, I am only kidding! But, doesn't that train of thought seem strangely familiar?

Great job, Lance! Show us some color next time!!