Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Off To Hunt A Ram

We're leaving early in the a.m. The season is open until Dec. 31.

One of my friends, TJ Joiner, is generously towing his 30' 5th wheel down for us to us for the duration if necessary. He's staying to hunt with us a week -- if that what it takes. My son, Keith, will also be along.

We'll be setting up at the Stone Cabin where electricty is available, and it's only 10-15 mins. away from places to hunt. So at least we'll be comfy.

Stone Cabin (Randy's Hamburgers) is right on the highway at King Valley Road. That's the north boundary of the unit at mile marker 76 or so. Very easy to find since it's the only visible habitation between Quartzite and Yuma. Anyone in the neighborhood is welcome to stop by and say "hi" or whatever.

Another friend from Yuma scouted a bit for me on Tues. afternoon and found three rams in the 160-170 class. We'll be meeting up with him down there to get some intel, etc.

I'm going like 60 right now to get everything ready and packed. Spent yesterday smoking a lot of pork and beef.

Hopefully, I can close the deal early so I can get back on the golf. course. B)

• Like 1

If you are so preoccupied with being on the golf course then why even bother to go sheep hunting!? If I was lucky enough to have a sheep tag golf would be way down on the to do list!

If you are so preoccupied with being on the golf course then why even bother to go sheep hunting!? If I was lucky enough to have a sheep tag golf would be way down on the to do list!

Yeah, golf schmolf. That's a friggin SHEEP TAG.

Good luck! Hope you get one like the one they have hanging as the Yuma G&F office!

Im sure is kidding about the golf course thing!

Good luck! Hope you get one like the one they have hanging as the Yuma G&F office!

Im sure is kidding about the golf course thing!

Yes, I was definitely kidding about the golf. I didn't want to list the real reason I want to get it over with real quick since this is a family site. But now that it's come up, I really want to get back in town so I can visit the local strip joints several nights a week, as I normally do. Beats the heck out of chasing some mangy ram and spending the night in trailer with TJ snoring, no? :rolleyes:

Thanks to those of you who aren't humorously challenged. Just about all packed and will give it my best shot -- hopefully literally.

bonecollector,

Indeed. TJ is a class act.

Good luck! That is a great area enjoy it you only get to make this memory once.

Best of luck Tony.

Get after it, find the courage to push harder, and smile all along the way.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your success.

This is it. The one you've been waiting for.

TJ...YOU THE MAN!!!!!

• Like 1