Outdoor Writer

My COPD Ram

I was not part of this site when Tony and whoever got into it . What happened. I never heard anything bad about the guy. Just know He was writing outdoor articles and books in AZ. for 30 years or so. Who got pissed at who and for what. Just curious cause I thought He was some what respected around here. PS. I Don't know him..............BOB!

Tony had opinions on some issues that the "shout down posse" on this site did not agree with. Some of the posters attacked him personally. He had enough and stopped posting.

• Like 1

10-4 ,I understand now. Hey Murph, This is one time I want the big one on that 10 early bull hunt then my life will be complete. OH forgot the goulds turkey too............Standman will find me one of them...............BOB!.

• Like 2

Hope ya kill a monster B&C Bob. Love to see your smiling face on the cover of a huntin' mag.

I know Tony and he is a friend of mine. I'm not here to defend him, he can do that for himself, but I am here to tell you he was a big part of my interest here in az when I first came here in the 70's. Seems like every time I picked up a book or a yellow front paper Tony was telling stories about hunting and fishing somewhere in the state. I actually never met Tony until several years ago here thru cwt. He is very knowledgeable as is most outdoor writers.

When a subject came up here he would always try to get to the source of the truth and post what he knew or what someone had told him. It seemed to p!ss a few off that he was always chiming in but I know Tony was just trying to help. He knows a lot of people and his resources are many. He was a big asset to this site. He left because of all the name calling and I can assure you he would give you the shirt off his back if he could.

I am not going to reply to some of the other posts against their version of Tony because everyone is entitle to their opinion but just don't take what someone else here has to say and believe it's the gospel.

Whether it's jealousy, hatred, or whatever, you haven't walked in his shoes and calling names really isn't necessary here.

I myself thank Tony for all the years of enjoyment he gave to me thru his publications.

I will not reply to anything else on this matter. There are some here on cwt that just wait for a chance like this so an argument can get going. I just wanted some of you to know how I felt about Tony. Respect and consideration was taught me at a really young age. I'll leave it at that. :)

TJ

• Like 13

Thanks TJ, I didn't know about the problems here and sure didn't intend to start any controversy. I just wondered how Tony was doing since he didn't sound to healthy on the post about his sheep hunt. I have been around AZ hunting for a long time and don't personally know him but he did usually have the stories about the past pretty accurate. He provided a lot of history for the younger guys that will soon be lost if not told and written about. Sometimes the younger generation just doesn't care though.

• Like 2

Shame on anyone who maliciously maligns and slanders someone on an internet forum while cowering behind the anonymity of a pseudonym. I've never met Tony Mandile face-to-face although we've both worked at different ends of the same industry for a very long time. I have followed his work, though, and I have always held him and his craftsmanship in high regard. I have no idea what happened to make him abandon this site, but it is our loss and I wish him well. -------Bill Quimby

• Like 10

He really did write the book on hunting coues whitetail. That guy is a legend in my opinion. If you care to take notice his posts were always measured and supported with documented fact. Of course I am biased I would save my lunch money to buy the magazines he would write for as well as Mr Quimby's outdoor section articles in the Tucson Citizen. If he does not posts again it truly is a shame.

• Like 4