UAhunter

Late Nov. buck

Opening weekend was extremely tough, hot/full moon/tall grass. Didn't see much activity except for early morning and late afternoon. When we did see deer it was very sporadic , not a lot of deer doe or buck. Didn't have any time to hunt during the week, so my parents and I hit it hard the second weekend and our luck paid off. Still not seeing the amount of deer that we saw in years past, I was lucky enough to glass up a nice buck just over 475 yards bedded midday. I made the decision to shoot, I get down and rest on my pack, I squeeze off the first round.. Boom... MISS..... The buck stands and starts to move down hill.....boom.. HIT, as the buck is rapidly descending the hill I shoot again and he comes to rest at the bottom of the hill. Dad and i make our way down this incredibly steep country while mom glasses from above and we find my buck. Could not be any more thrilled!!!! Rough tapped at 106 3/8

post-3646-0-14784700-1355459754_thumb.jpg

post-3646-0-57819100-1355459828_thumb.jpg

post-3646-0-52289500-1355459894_thumb.jpg

post-3646-0-89787600-1355460010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, what an awesome looking buck. Congrats to you. It's just like you said though, you got lucky on the second weekend of the hunt. I beleive no matter how hard you hunt or how good you are, even the best hunter still needs some luck. Looks like it paid off big time for you. What a stud buck!