Sign in to follow this  
muleskinner

Culture change

Instead of knee-jerk, emotional, response to the latest tragedy in Connecticut, maybe we need to look at changing the culture of death in our country. A culture that is supported by the legal practice of killing unborn babies by the thousands. A culture that is supported by the entertainment industry with blood, guts, and gore in movies and video games. I wish one of the media people would ask our illustrious president when he is going to stop condoning and promoting abortion for political gain, while supposedly shedding tears over the murder of of children. Do we wonder why there is no respect for human life? One thing that young people seem to be able to do, is pick out inconsistencies in adults. Especially political and religious leaders. So, can we deal with real issues instead of coming up with solutions that do not work? Of course, its easier to focus on guns than to admit that our nation has made some incredibly bad choices. Rest assured, whether individually or as a nation, you will reap what you sow!

• Like 2

But it's better politics to just blame the "gun nuts".

There in lies the problem. Our country was founded, built & originally governed by men who worked for a living, were successful at business & many of whom were soldiers. They wrote a constitution & structured a government to protect their country men who lived the same hard lives as they & had the same set of values. Now our country is ran by rich politicians, professional speakers, most of whom have never seen a speck of dirt under their manicured nails. They are as detached from the real world that we know & love as can be, so they have no understanding of guns or even life & death. These egomaniacs in their delusional throne rooms of political power are actually arrogant enough to look down on us, believing that we, in the real world of sweat, blood & dirt, don't know what is best for us & they sincerely think they can legislate away all of lifes dangers & fix things they don't even understand.

If we ever want to see a change, it's got to start by voting back in working men. Politicians are not qualified to be in politics. Unfortunately, I think the whiners looking for a handout will continue to vote in every jackass who promises to steal from the evil business owners & entreprenuers so that they might toss some coins to the lazy. History has taught us that every empire eventually crumbles & so will this one. Eaten from the inside out by the laziness & apathy of the people.

• Like 1

Some very compelling thoughts ... too bad the media is soooo in the tank for Liberalism ... they'll never ask the tough questions.

Well said Matty and Muleskinner.

I posted this on another forum, responding to the question, "Who is really to blame". Kinda sums up my feelings on this.

"I think the blame can be spread around to pretty much all of us. We've all sat back and allowed the culture to sink to such an amazing low.

Remember how shocking it was to hear "Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a dang"? You know, back when boys wore suits and girls wore dresses to school. When students generally sat upright, paid attention and gave their teachers, principals and coaches upmost respect.

There were relatively few divorces, the community held each person and each family to a high standard. If someone saw your kid doing something they shouldn't be doing, you heard about it, and you addressed the problem.

There was very little exposure to glamorized violence and sex, or strong language.

I know, even then, kids rebelled. Some drank and smoked, got pregnant, got stabbed in knife fights or died in drag racing accidents. It wasn't perfect.

But compared to today, where everthing is SO extreme, it seems like a fairytale.

The steady flow of graphic violence, with each new "butcher" film trying to outdo the last in terms of inventing new shocking ways for people to torture and mutilate each other. The violent games so real, your body reacts as if you were in an actual life-or-death struggle.

The kids dress like whores and thugs, cuss out their teachers and principals, have sex, do hard drugs - while at school. They cuss out their parents, call their own mothers the most disgusting names.

We've allowed ourselves to slowy allow a little more filth in our entertainment, demand a little less respect and responsibility from the kids - until you get to where we are today. A country full of bastard children with no parents, no morals and their only guidance coming from an entertainment industry that profits from their self destruction."

• Like 3

Coach, I am encouraged to know that there are people who can see the real picture. For you , and others, who can see the heart of the problem, please make your voice heard! I think we would be pleasantly surprised to find out how many people share these views. There is a serious void in leadership among the conservatives. We don't need to be afraid to speak loud and long on these matters! Young people especially need strong leaders in these terrible times. Onward and upward!

Well said Matty and Muleskinner.

I posted this on another forum, responding to the question, "Who is really to blame". Kinda sums up my feelings on this.

"I think the blame can be spread around to pretty much all of us. We've all sat back and allowed the culture to sink to such an amazing low.

Remember how shocking it was to hear "Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a dang"? You know, back when boys wore suits and girls wore dresses to school. When students generally sat upright, paid attention and gave their teachers, principals and coaches upmost respect.

There were relatively few divorces, the community held each person and each family to a high standard. If someone saw your kid doing something they shouldn't be doing, you heard about it, and you addressed the problem.

There was very little exposure to glamorized violence and sex, or strong language.

I know, even then, kids rebelled. Some drank and smoked, got pregnant, got stabbed in knife fights or died in drag racing accidents. It wasn't perfect.

But compared to today, where everthing is SO extreme, it seems like a fairytale.

The steady flow of graphic violence, with each new "butcher" film trying to outdo the last in terms of inventing new shocking ways for people to torture and mutilate each other. The violent games so real, your body reacts as if you were in an actual life-or-death struggle.

The kids dress like whores and thugs, cuss out their teachers and principals, have sex, do hard drugs - while at school. They cuss out their parents, call their own mothers the most disgusting names.

We've allowed ourselves to slowy allow a little more filth in our entertainment, demand a little less respect and responsibility from the kids - until you get to where we are today. A country full of bastard children with no parents, no morals and their only guidance coming from an entertainment industry that profits from their self destruction."

Your words reminded me of 50 years ago at my grandpa Paces house. Hex barrell 30-30, which I now own, was always in the corner of the kitchen right next to the back door.

In my own house growing up, in the closet, next to the back door there was always a 20 gauge shotgun and a lever action 243.

There was always a rifle in the ranch truck.

These guns were there for a purpose, usually to take care of varmints that came in to pester livestock.

We all grew up knowing how to use them and what damage they would do to an animal. We respected the use of the weapon.

Today, that is so removed from our society, great words Coach.

I feel sorry for my kids that they have to grow up in such a restricted atmosphere.

• Like 1

I grew up in the midwest farm country. My family were conservative baptists. Most people in the area worked from dawn to dusk, taking nothing for granted. If I got out of line, my Dad would give me a whoopin. It seems to be politically incorrect to punish kids in that manner these days, but it worked pretty good on me.

Alot of kids I see today, need a serious trip to the proverbial "woodshed". This ,soft liberal , and left wing society that this country is becoming will be the death of what I grew up knowing. As mentioned above, we have idiots running this country, and their blind arrogance will eventually send america into a tailspin. Obama has put us on a path that we will never recover from in the time I have left in this life.

In my opinion "technology" has ruined the way kids grow up. Even 10 year olds have smart phones. When I grew up we had 2 cans and a string. Kids can go online and learn how to build bombs for crying out loud. And everyone wonders why our society has run amuck!

Coach, non typical and snapshot wish you 3 could run the oval office. +100 on your statements.

They don't get much better then Reagan, Eisenhower, or T. Rosevelt.