Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Coffee on the Rocks

Guest oneshot

A hot cup of coffee is a real eye opener and re-focusing time I like to enjoy while taking a break from hunting. A 2 1/4 hour Sterno with a couple of small stones along the rim and a few larger bracing stones set-up fast and almost odor free, a 16oz stainless cup, the instant coffee from the Mexican food section(Mexican instant coffee is pretty good and ALOT stronger then "regular" American instant coffees), 10mins. (more time above 6000ft) and I'm caffiend-up and ready for the rest of the day...

Get a jetboil with the coffee press and never look back... You can also use it for soup later in the day.

Very nice! Looks like a light weight setup.

I remember using the Sterno can back in the 70's. Pretty cool that it is still around. I still have my old collapsable Sterno stove and mess kit.

I tried the coffee press with my jetboil....it leaves a mess of grounds in the cup, and I have to use valuable water to wash it out. I now use the Starbucks instant singles or the Folgers "tea" bag singles. No coffee grounds mess. Love the jetboil though! ....and love the Mountain House meals.

Buddy of mine warms his water with those MRE heaters (just barely), takes a scoop of instant coffee into the mouth, takes a swig of water and swishes and swallows. TOTALLY NUTS.

Me ... I like to perk mine in camp and take a small thermos. The stronger it is, the better.

Buddy of mine warms his water with those MRE heaters (just barely), takes a scoop of instant coffee into the mouth, takes a swig of water and swishes and swallows. TOTALLY NUTS.

Me ... I like to perk mine in camp and take a small thermos. The stronger it is, the better.

Doesn't get much stronger than the way your buddy does it.....why not mix it right into the snuff? :wacko:

• Like 1

I asked my wife how much better my life is because of all the treasures I have found on coueswhitetail. She responded by asking how much more quality time she would have gotten if I had never found the site. The Mexican instant coffee is muy bueno. I have been drinking a cup at the house in the morning as an appetizer before breaking into my thermos of real coffee at work. I can only imagine how good it will taste on a hunting trip.

Doesn't get much stronger than the way your buddy does it.....why not mix it right into the snuff? :wacko:

no that is an idea my friend!

I asked my wife how much better my life is because of all the treasures I have found on coueswhitetail. She responded by asking how much more quality time she would have gotten if I had never found the site. The Mexican instant coffee is muy bueno. I have been drinking a cup at the house in the morning as an appetizer before breaking into my thermos of real coffee at work. I can only imagine how good it will taste on a hunting trip.

Just don't forget her anniversary while looking at CWT. It's not a pretty picture believe me. :wacko:

oneshot........that's a cool picture with the bow and all. Thanks for posting.