Sign in to follow this  
BowhunterAZ

Draw Odds Calculator

Thank you Flatlander! What will you charge me to get me through algebra 134 lol

You are on your own there buddy. I did my time.

One more time Flatlander......9pts unit 9 archery or 9 muzzy, and unit 8 archery?

9 Archery - 4%, I don't have data on muzzy but it will be worse.

8 Archery - 9 points got you a tag last year

Hey Flatlander could you please run the odds for the unit 8 late rifle and unit 7 west late and rifle and 23 late rifle for a resident with 3 points

7 points for general bull 4b,andgeneral bull 5b what are the odds,and i will be applying with a buddy that has same bonus points,will that affect my chances or should i put in solo?

0 pts? 3pts? Really? You dont have a chance in h e ll for ANY early hunt with less than 8. Interesting to hear 17 was 100% for 3c early.Wifes sitting on 16pts. You can keep all them late bull hunts.. Not worth the time or trouble IMHO.

I know, I know every year some fool draws early rifle with next to no pts.. Should be hung..

LOL

Ron

there's a member on here thats gone the last 23 years in a row, and has been successfull on atleast 17 of those hunts. (typically the same unit)....

I dont buy the "X amount of bonus points needed to be drawn"

mblewer, I guess we should clarify that "X amount of bonus points needed to be drawn" is for the bonus point pass. Basically guaranteed to be drawn. If he were picked in the lottery pass, that's awesome!

OK, my dad and I have 12 pts a piece and put in for 23n archery bull and 23n early rifle. What are the odds of drawing either with 24 pts between us.

Thanks

You'll average out to 12 points. I don't think you're in the max bonus point pool for those units.

OK, my dad and I have 12 pts a piece and put in for 23n archery bull and 23n early rifle. What are the odds of drawing either with 24 pts between us.

Thanks

It took 14 to make the bonus pass on archery and 19 for rifle last year

I think everyone puts to much into bonus points, MY wife drew 2 years ago unit 9 muzzleloader with no points, and I know a lot of people who get drawn for a lot of units every year some 9 years in a row!

I think everyone puts to much into bonus points, MY wife drew 2 years ago unit 9 muzzleloader with no points, and I know a lot of people who get drawn for a lot of units every year some 9 years in a row!

In 25 years, I have yet to receive a Bull tag thru the second pass of the draw, they have all been thru the bonus point pass. Some people are just luckier than others, but I'm not one of them.

The bottom line is this: There are only a few tags (20%) that are guaranteed to go to the max bonus point pool. The rest go to the general pool. This almost guarantees that there will be people with few to no points that may draw the tag. Obviously it helps to have more points, because you get more chances to draw a low number. It really comes down to luck after the 20% pass! Nobody has a perfect system, but a imperfect system is better than not being able to hunt at all.

P.S. are the draw results out yet! My CC was hit ;)

• Like 1

Pictures of her Bull Please!!! That is the hunt I would love to draw this year!