BigWave

Leica Rangemaster 1600-B Rangefinder

My hunting partner just got this for Christmas. His wife knew he wanted a new rangefinder with angle compensation. She bought it for him for Christmas. He opened it and was thinking it was perfect, he tossed the box. A few days later he started fiddling around with it and realized it was much more complicated than he wanted to have. He tried to return it and the seller said no returns without the box, so he had just settled on keeping it until I suggested selling it online. His wife paid $799 plus tax and shipping, so about $860 is what he said.

Its never been out of his house. He has pushed the range button maybe 6 times, then put it back in its soft case.

He said he would sell it for $725 shipped and insured. Postal Money Order only please.

Thanks,

Dave

Tell him to keep it. It can be as simple as any rangefinder if thats all he wants, or it can be used for much more if needed. Plus his wife got him an awesome gift and he will regret selling it. I speak from experience. Lol.

Yeah, I told him that. Its an awesome rangefinder. He just wants something like a simple Nikon Archers Choice with the angle compensation. For the most part, he only bowhunts. He's pretty well settled on selling this one and his wife just wants him to get what he wants. Thanks!

Yeah, I told him that. Its an awesome rangefinder. He just wants something like a simple Nikon Archers Choice with the angle compensation. For the most part, he only bowhunts. He's pretty well settled on selling this one and his wife just wants him to get what he wants. Thanks!

I don't know about the Nikon, but most of the cheaper rangefinders have a wider beam that prevents them from ranging things thru small openings. I would tell him to keep it as well.

His mind is made up on what he wants guys, no matter what anyone tells him. He wants to sell it. Thanks for the input.

Ask him if he is interested in a brand new in box Bushnell rangefinder (any of their models) as trade or partial trade? I am owed one but want the Leica.

Awesome rangefinder! I have the same one and love it. Good deal for someone.

I bought the vortex ranger 1000 it has angle compensation and works great! Maybe he would enjoy that one

I switched my vortex for the leica. And i was a hardcore vortex guy for a while but their rangefinder is just lacking. I would range a 20 yd tree and get a different reading each time.

• Like 1

Dave,

Would your buddy consider a partial trade for the Leica 900? The 900 is as simple as it gets, and I'm looking for the Leica angle comp for long range.