detox

ATTENTION!!! DEADLINE HAD BEEN EXTENDED ???

If one says that you can apply online until 7:00pm, the system should be functional through that time Conversely, if you have a 100k warranty on your drive-train and the transmission fails at 99k miles, would you be happy if the dealer says you should have taken it in sooner?

If one waits until near the deadline to apply, then are they are not a serious hunter? Are only serious hunters allowed to apply then? If one waits until April 15 to pay their taxes, are they not a serious American?

• Like 4

A deadline is a deadline. Don't move it back every year because of the procrastinators overloading the system. There is plenty of time to apply. Weeks and weeks.

The transmission failing is not the fault of the owner. Failing to apply before the last day is the fault of the owner.

• Like 2

I'm glad they extended it if the system was not working/performing as it should to handle the last minute volume.

Hmmm...... This scenario sounds familiar! Anyone care to debate the virtues (or not) of the on-line draw again???

Popcorn please! ;)

S.

:)

The problem isn't an online draw process. The problem is an online VENDOR problem. Why AZG&F can't get this right is confusing to say the least. If it were me, I'd hire the vendor with a proven record in running an online draw regardless of price. Its really that simple.

If you keep calling the same plumber to fix the same leak time after time....do you think it's time to call a new plumber?

Wow, vendor servers couldn't handle the volume.....didn't see that coming......this is my shock face

post-2983-0-89053600-1360765446.jpg

Same crap every year.

Who made popcorn...I'll take some.

• Like 1

Anyone know if you can review your applications? I noticed one of my sons' apps had the wrong hunt numbers (caught it just in time) and I want to see if the others are OK.

If you did them online they will have sent you an email with a receipt with the hunt numbers on it.

A deadline is a deadline. Don't move it back every year because of the procrastinators overloading the system. There is plenty of time to apply. Weeks and weeks.

The transmission failing is not the fault of the owner. Failing to apply before the last day is the fault of the owner.

You have a point but you must also keep in mind that there are a lot of folks that have to wait for reasons that may not be as apparent as procrastinating. Might be thata family doesn't have a credit card rather just a debit card to apply with and had to wait in order to have enough funds in the account to put all their kids in.

Might be a service man or woman that just found out they'll be here to hunt this year. There's a lot of reasons that are outside the spectrum of laziness. To assume that everyone falls into the category would be a very narrow view of reality.

I for one put in two weeks ago so this doesn't affect me, but there are things that happen and there's nothing that I can personally do about it. The draw will happen and the results will still come out. Rest assured

• Like 2

You have a point but you must also keep in mind that there are a lot of folks that have to wait for reasons that may not be as apparent as procrastinating. Might be thata family doesn't have a credit card rather just a debit card to apply with and had to wait in order to have enough funds in the account to put all their kids in.

Might be a service man or woman that just found out they'll be here to hunt this year. There's a lot of reasons that are outside the spectrum of laziness. To assume that everyone falls into the category would be a very narrow view of reality.

I for one put in two weeks ago so this doesn't affect me, but there are things that happen and there's nothing that I can personally do about it. The draw will happen and the results will still come out. Rest assured

I realize that. But the system being overloaded is because of procrastinators. There would not be a huge surge of people otherwise.

I must be in a sour mood, because I Dont think they should have extended the deadline. If you waited until the last day, you knew you were taking this chance; they even advertise not to wait because this might happen. I think they opened the door on this one and should have kept it closed....

Just my .02 at the moment.

+1 the people that wait deserve to get snubbed out

If the deadline is 7:00 pm on Tuesday and you are filling out an app at 1:00 pm Tuesday, you are NOT a procrastinator. You are perfectly within the time parameters.

I would submit that those of you who filled them out weeks ago have entirely too much free time on your hands and need to be more productive ;-)

• Like 1

If the deadline is 7:00 pm on Tuesday and you are filling out an app at 1:00 pm Tuesday, you are NOT a procrastinator. You are perfectly within the time parameters.

I would submit that those of you who filled them out weeks ago have entirely too much free time on your hands and need to be more productive ;-)

Agreed.

So, is the problem again the procrastinators on the day the results become available and everyone tries calling in or checking online to see their results and the systems all crash again? I don't think so. The systems need to be improved or a different vendor selected to provide the service.

Waiting to the last day of a 5 week period to apply doesn't make you a procrastinator? Do you know what a procrastinator is?

Varminter,

Waiting for the results has nothing to do with procrastination. Do I need to pull out a dictionary for you?

a simple solution to it all.

you end online application filing 2 days prior to end of application period that way if the system crashes which we all know it will and did, you still have 2 days to drop off your application.

just a thought.

• Like 1

a simple solution to it all.

you end online application filing 2 days prior to end of application period that way if the system crashes which we all know it will and did, you still have 2 days to drop off your application.

just a thought.

Nice! I like it!

S.

:)