Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Whats your dream hunt?

Some asked me this and it ended up like the lottery question that comes up around the fire.

Rather than endlessly going on and on of possibilties I decided to reroute the question and say what would you rather do and give 2 options.

A)

If it was all paid would you rather go on a fully prepped full on 2 week drop camp in the wilderness of your choice with 2 freinds for multiple species including fishing with meat pick ups and resupply OR,,,

B)

A fully funded full on fully staffed hunting lodge near the wilderness of your choice for 2 weeks with a 1 on 1 guide and your 2 buddies where you could hunt and fish and eat and sleep all at the lodge.

+1, after that hunt is finished I would like to go to the resort. Best of both world's!

#1 huge added sense of accomplishment regardless of the trophy's!

Man I need some new freinds, they all picked the lodge. Well if this ever happens I know where to find the 2 buddies.

Option #1 for me too.

I've done both, more than once. Wilderness camping is wonderful when you're young. I speak with authority in saying it can be tough on old geezers.

As for my dream hunt: Twenty one days in Tanzania for elephant, gerenuk and lesser kudu.

Bill Quimby

Option #1 as long as I can have my cot and a bottle of Laphroaig with me.

I've done both, more than once. Wilderness camping is wonderful when you're young. I speak with authority in saying it can be tough on old geezers. As for my dream hunt: Twenty one days in Tanzania for elephant, gerenuk and lesser kudu. Bill Quimby

LOL. I am well on my way to geezerhood. Right now I will take #1, later on #2.

I am with you Bill. A 21 day Tanzania safari would be a dream come true. They provide those luxury east African tent style camps. Now all I need is about $125,000.00

C'mon Powerball! ;)

I read a book about newzeeland and they have some cool sounding multi species hunts over there but I think most are backpack and really rough terrain. Sounded like some real adventure. I am not sure on a dream hunt though.

I'd go #1 ... but the second choice wouldn't suck either.

Too many dream hunts to list.

"I read a book about newzeeland and they have some cool sounding multi species hunts over there but I think most are backpack and really rough terrain. Sounded like some real adventure. I am not sure on a dream hunt though."

Wilderness hunting in New Zealand today does not involve what most American hunters would call "camping" and "backpacking." Locals charter helicopters to transport them and their gear and food at huts the government has built for hunters in remote areas. If you are from ":overseas" and hire an outfitter, you'll be put up in a lodge below the mountains and flown in a helicopter to and from the hunting areas each day for tahr and chamois. For red, sika and fallow deer, as well as feral goat and wild boar you more often than not will hunt on a high-fenced "estate."

Bill Quimby

#1. It takes me a couple of days just to settle in and stretch out the old leg muscles and if I was in a lodge I'd just get fat. LOL My idea of a hunt would be somewhere remote where I don't see any other people, possibly Mongolia, South America, Alaska or maybe Siberia.

A spot and stalk archery hunt on an old African Lion would be right there on the top of my list.