Sign in to follow this  
jeremiah lindsey

whats the best unit to get a big desert ram in?

i want to apply for desert bighorn and i was wondering what a good unit would be to apply for i heard that 37a 43 and 24b were good units to get a big mature desert ram in

I think any sheep unit can provide that.

On sheep go for the gold! Aka any unit if your lucky enough to draw the tag in your life... Took my uncle 22 years before he got his tag in the early 90s. Got his desert ram. Now he's got 21 points for the the rockys... ( too bad it's not Coors points or he'd have a million). Just gotta try and hope you win the lottery unless you got 50-100k for Mexico. Good luck on trying to draw the (golden ticket)

• Like 2

If you go off 2012 numbers ( haven't seen 2013 yet) you would of had zero chance of drawing a tag for 37a, 24bS. 24bN would give you a .09% chance and 43 would give you a .1% chance of drawing a tag. Of the ones you mentioned I would go with 43. If you aren't looking for a giant try 15A & B East, they have the highest draw success rate of .4%.

You should be able to find a ram of that size in any of the units.

Hey if you want to learn about sheep go to Jay Scott outdoors/Culburn&Scott Outtfitters!......if you fallow his blogs and watch all there videos on youtube you will learn all you want to know about sheep in arizona!...any unit out there has good rams but a once in a lifetime hunt shoot for a 150 class or better!!! you need 168 min, for boone&crockett!....good luck! two of the hunter's last year in my unit had only one bonus point!...you never know! :D

post-2362-0-56365200-1363985373_thumb.jpgI got tag when I was 17 but my dad has been trying since he was 12 .......good luck. im 31 now but it took 7 years which doesnt happen often.!!!!! mine was from 39w.

Yeah my dad was one of those lucky ones that pulled a tag with 3pts a few years back! You cant win if you dont play.

Any unit will provide a 125" ram for the most part, just gotta find them.

I have 7pts, and am only 19. Got many more years to come. After hunting them once i cant wait to get out again, absolute awesome hunt!

attachicon.gif I got tag when I was 17 but my dad has been trying since he was 12 .......good luck. im 31 now but it took 7 years which doesnt happen often.!!!!! mine was from 39w.

Mtnhorud...very cool to see your ram from 39W! My son drew that same unit when he was 14 years old, in 2008, with only 4 points as a non-resident! That must be the place for younger guys to draw! His ram would have been close to 160 without the large chunk out of the horn.

A4.jpg