rugerman

17 points or more?

Wow is how I feel too Elkman. . wow that so many people find it so horrifying and impossible that game and fish could ever possibly do something like this. Not sure if you were wowing that I said it or wowing because it's a bunch of BS they do it but wake up boys. .it's true.

Sooo...you have provided a list of tags his FAMILY has "got," but nowhere is there anything that explains "for a fact" how those tags were a "reward for service" and who provided such a reward. In other words, how do YOU know those tags were not ligitimately obtained through the normal draw process?

Also, it appears he might be a licensed guide? If so, he is likely the same Don McBride I already know from way back many years ago when I hunted elk with him in NM near Cimarron.

• Like 3

As for Don Mcbride yes that would be the one. He was a licensed guide back in the 90's. You know the one that helped poach a Bighorn sheep and got caught? yeah that's him. . The reason I know he was is because my dad guided with him back in the day and suddenly my dad got accused of poaching a cow elk out of nowhere. Turns out Don who had been caught poaching told azgfd he could get some names of people who poached in return they would take it easy and not take his guide license. He then told them if could give them more names if he got a sheep, elk, and deer tag. So that same year he magically got an early bull tag and a strip deer tag and told my dad he was going to get them before the draw even started. Didn't get the sheep because they said those were too precious to give away. Anyway turns out he had noone to snitch on and they were coming down on him and he just gave them random names of guys he knew saying they poached things. Which they of course didn't. But that's just one of the many stories I know about Don.

You guys can believe me or not but this isn't made up stuff. I'm not out to tell on guys that I know that do this stuff for AZGFD (the only reason I said this about Don is because it's been 20 years since it happened) but I am out to try and make sure everyone knows it happens and to be careful with anything you do. Even with friends or random guys wanting to go hunting with you. They may have ulterior motives. And of course because I hate the money hungry AZGFD :)

• Like 1

You guys can believe me or not but this isn't made up stuff. I'm not out to tell on guys that I know that do this stuff for AZGFD (the only reason I said this about Don is because it's been 20 years since it happened) but I am out to try and make sure everyone knows it happens and to be careful with anything you do. Even with friends or random guys wanting to go hunting with you. They may have ulterior motives. And of course because I hate the money hungry AZGFD :)

So far, nothing more than hearsay and absolutely nothing to support "for a fact." Want to try again?

In the meantime, I will make a couple calls this week to my contacts at G&F for some off-the-record questions. And...you do realize that all this application, draw info and other tag allocations are a matter of public record that are available by request, right?

• Like 2

Just because we "know a guy" doesn't make it a fact. But for arguments sake, it doesn't mean it's not factual either.

I'm sure Obama would gladly share with us the "public records" of White House guests but.........

• Like 2

Outdoor writer what do you think you well accomplish by calling your "contacts " at the dept? Do you really think they r going to invite you down for tea and tell you anything different than what you all ready believe?

So far, nothing more than hearsay and absolutely nothing to support "for a fact." Want to try again?

In the meantime, I will make a couple calls this week to my contacts at G&F for some off-the-record questions. And...you do realize that all this application, draw info and other tag allocations are a matter of public record that are available by request, right?

So here is the thing. . I could show you a video of a warden admitting to this and you would still come up with a way to make it sound like it was a lie. Nothing said will make you stop worshiping AZGFD and that's your choice. So continue to believe it and call them up for some questioning. But as nobull350 said do you really think when you ask hey do you guys give tags to guys who give you info he is gonna tell you all about it? haha so what it basically comes down to is believing what you want and I will continue to say what I feel and pass the word on of things I know or are suspicious whether you like them or believe them or not.

An email and less than $50 will get you the names of every person that got an AZ Elk tag whether thru the draw or outside it.

Wow This thread went downhill ,so back to facts . CooseFan nailed on the head again . The early Bull rifle hunts and early Bull muzzleloader hunts are no walk in the park . You can't pattern much of anything because of all the pressure during the archery hunts. Lots of broken horned would been a monster bull! The whole scenery changes you have to be very adaptable because different bulls show up that you have never seen before!!!

Archery all the way!!!

If I was bcc777 and so concerned about the AZGFD and their conspiracies with tag allocation and controlling who gets what....I'm thinking I would be careful about what was said on a public forum about them because I would be afraid that I might not ever get drawn again. Just sayin...

• Like 4

He drew one of the hardest tags in the state to draw!!! 23n early archery !!!! Kid has talked openly about his discust with the dept for many years!!!!! I Think that's the least if his worries ! Just saying !!!!