Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

George Jones

Constantly making the best country song on many many lists and My all time favorite. Hope he shows up on time!

Now who's going to sing them songs?

RIP George

It was a big hit for GJ .........even if he was an A-hole. ;)

Like Momma used to say, TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE. Excuse me if I don't add a Smiley Face.

A good one (Possum cameo):

Like Momma used to say, TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE. Excuse me if I don't add a Smiley Face.

I don't have a Momma. Me and my Daddy shared yours .Excuse me if I dont add a raspberry face

George Jones was a drug using, womanizing, wife beating, alcoholic, Pretty ironic that you would stick up for this guy.

I don't have a Momma. Me and my Daddy shared yours .Excuse me if I dont add a raspberry face

George Jones was a drug using, womanizing, wife beating, alcoholic, Pretty ironic that you would stick up for this guy.

Huh???? Umm, the original post was ONLY recognizing a good ol' classic country song. Maybe next time just ignore the post and your personal judgement of his life, as opposed to hi-jacking the thread.... ;)

Good song, IMO.

S.

Huh???? Umm, the original post was ONLY recognizing a good ol' classic country song. Maybe next time just ignore the post and your personal judgement of his life, as opposed to hi-jacking the thread.... ;)

Good song, IMO.

S.

I didn't hijack anything. Do any of you remember George Jones singing the "A-hole song"

I think some of you are quick to jump on someone who is only kidding around.

Oh, OK..... My bad. I didn't realize you were kidding around when you commented about him being a "drug using, womanizing, wife beating, alcoholic.....". Maybe it was the "pretty ironic that you are sticking-up for this guy...." comment. Who knows, but I guess I missed the hint that you were kidding around. ;)

BTW, yes I do remember the I-95 A-hole song. It was written and originally recorded by August Campbell. Buffet, Jones, and several others (I think David Allen Coe) did pretty good recordings of it.

Now how about back to the original point of this thread. He Stopped Loving Her Today is an awesome song (no matter what his personal problems were....)!!!!

S.

I only mentioned his past, when someone decided to insult me.

But yes, the song is a classic country hit, from the "good ole days" of country. Every time I hear it, I want to cry in my beer ;)

That is pure country gold! A singer who cold stand on stage and sing while strumming a guitar with only a small band for support. That era of music is coming to the end with the passing of each of these legends.

Now days an artist must have a publicist, a producer, a sound mixer, etc, etc.

George Jones knew things were changing back in 1985 when he recorded this tribute to the icons.

• Like 2

Yep, about the end of that era of Country greats. Used to ride with my Dad in his 65 GMC 2 wheel drive pickup listening to all those great singers while hunting in northern AZ. Could only get it during the day though because KALF am radio signed off the air after sunset.