Sign in to follow this  
Heat

AZGFD in the news #3

yes...again...

http://www.azcentral.com/community/peoria/articles/20130529officer-lake-pleasant-boating-accident-released-abrk.html

What I want to know is, how does a boat just capsize while on "routine patrol"? Sorry someone got hurt, but that's going to cost the sportsmen and the wildlife of AZ quite a bit once all the doctor bills are paid and a new boat is bought!

Nick

You don't injure your back when a boat capsizes... there must have been a collision.

I agree... "routine" patrol and they capsize a boat? Someone has some explaning to do.

This is taking the Game and fish "bashing" too far. Have some respect! Clearly it was an accident, you do not know all the details, and someone was seriously injured. Clearly you are the low of low to worry about money, rather than an officer's safety/ well being after being involved in a serious accident.

• Like 1

I'm not going either way with this one. But the news story does raise the following questions:

1) How did the boat capsize? Boats do not capsize so there must have been some cause.

2) How did Peoria Fire Department witness? Are they normally on that lake watching? Was there some interagency training going on?

There are valid questions to be raised...details are missing and hopefully there is follow up story. People just read this stuff and don't ask questions but we should...news doesn't always report the important details.

Hope the guys heal well.

Lonne

please watch 1:30 into the video - this kinda simulates what happened - from what I've heard it was a similar accident that flipped the boat causing it to capsize- everyone knows hitting a wave at a weird angle can be dangerous - add the wind and the waves on an open lake like pleasant - surprised we don't have more accidents

I'm glad to hear all the officers should be ok

please watch 1:30 into the video - this kinda simulates what happened - from what I've heard it was a similar accident that flipped the boat causing it to capsize- everyone knows hitting a wave at a weird angle can be dangerous - add the wind and the waves on an open lake like pleasant - surprised we don't have more accidents

I'm glad to hear all the officers should be ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UEETjztLqI

That video is NOT "routine patrol"... And if it is maybe we need to do DUI checks on the G&F boat crew...

• Like 1

This is taking the Game and fish "bashing" too far. Have some respect! Clearly it was an accident, you do not know all the details, and someone was seriously injured. Clearly you are the low of low to worry about money, rather than an officer's safety/ well being after being involved in a serious accident.

I believe the article said he officer had recovered enough to be released from the hospital...

No telling what happened. Educated LEFTIES playing POLICE. Need a true State police in AZ. Just saying, hope all is well with GFO.

What's the difference when an officer gets into a vehicle accident while on routine patrol? They happen a lot... Accidents happen....

There are bad apples in every department around the world.. Not all game and fish officers are the same and not all Leo's are the same..