Sign in to follow this  
kyle44k

Need help or advise!? Looking for new scope

Sure there is probly threads on this but looking for best bang for the buck for a news coues scope to put on my 300 just looking to see what you guys think or what you like or dislike about the scopes that are out now haven't done much research or bought a scope for some time now. Thanks guys!

You can't go wrong with a good ol' Leupold.

With a ffp scope the reticle will grow with the scope when u zoom in. Also when u sight in the ffp scope your poi (point of impact) will be the same no matter what magnification setting u have the scope on. On a sfp scope the reticle will stay the same size when u zoom the scope in. When sighting in a sfp scope whatever magnification u have the scope set to when sighting in will be your true zero. If u change the magnification from where u sighted it in at it will change your poi a little.

• Like 1

I have Leupold on all my rifles. Hard to beat the warranty. Lots of good scopes out there. Remember, you get what you pay for…… :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have leupold, vortex, Burris, night force, and bushnell. Vortex are rock solid and have great features, night force are kind of the std for ruggedness and consistency, and Leopold has been doing it in the good ole USA for a long time and makes great stuff with a TON of options and the choice of going custom. bushnell has some great price points as does weaver, Burris, Nikon, and Pentax. So figure out what you really want and narrow it down.

All that being said... Have to agree with FC80 though my next will probably be one of the Zeiss they are lighter than most, glass is really great, and the price is right and you can order a custom turret. My next rifle will be a 6.5, pseudo mountain rifle so the weight will be one of the driving factors.

Midway even has $100 off right now on Zeiss, but check with some of the sponsors on a deal first.

depends on your budget. Leupold VXlll are tough to beat for the price. I have Mark 4s but they are heavier. I have and like Vortex, Swarovski, Zeiss, old Burris. Nikon makes good stuff too. Nightforce are good but heavy enough to use as a club. I'd stay in the 350+ range.

zeiss conquest, awesone exspesally if you figure out the turrents for range , i shoot my 270weatherby mag 1000yrds

Under 300? Burris full view 2. With the bdc redicl. It will do every thing you need out to 500y.

I have and have had a mixed bag. Optical clarity goes hands down to Nightforce, but for the price it had better. I don't know about the heavy as a club part, but its rugged and tanks aren't made out of cotton candy. I like the warranty of if you can break we want to see it and will fix it. They are known for dials that return and are true, a big desire of anyone who plays the dials game.

I like my Leupolds and for a number of years only had vari-xII in 3-9x40 otherwise known as the $220.00 scope. Shot out to 5 and 600 yards with a little bit of practice and was confident to kill game at that range. I like the Mark 4 and it replaced one of the vari-xII's. The warranty on Leupold is awesome as well, just had a 25 year old scope that we sent in for warranty work. They took care of it for us. Lost a cap from the Mark AR, and called them, got a free replacement. I am a huge fanboy of Leupold for their warranty.

I have also used the Burris Fullfield 2, they work, but I don't really like the clutter of the ballisticplex type reticles, and tend to use the wrong pin in the heat of the moment. It was good glass quality for the price. Never messed with their warranty as I haven't had the need.

I got the first Vortex for my wife's rifle, and I think I'm spoiled by the better glass I have. It is good glass don't get me wrong, but it gets dark a lot faster. I think it may be the 44 objective though. Vortex has a no questions asked warranty, which is good, but I haven't tested them either.

No experience on the Zeiss scopes, but I know when they first came out with the conquest line there was a lot of rumblings from sellers of I don't know where this glass comes from, but it isn't Zeiss. Guess we were all spoiled to the Classic line of glass from them. I know a few folks on here like them a lot (Casey) same as Vortex.

What's your price range? $200, $500, $1000? I'd say go over to longrangehuntingdotcom and read through the optics forum or check out opticsplanetdotcom forums.

I have a 2x7 VX1 Leupold I think is a great value for the price range ($165) and just bought a Zeiss Conquest HD I also think is a great value @ just under a grand.

Weaver, Burris, Leupold, Kahles and Nikon all make a quality scope.