Sign in to follow this  
dbj

Revised left over tags

Just noticed that AZGFD has revised left over list. Wondering when they will update the draw results or will they.

If you put in for a left over tag you have to call to check the status. Otherwise the tag will just show up in the mail if you drew.

And when you call you have to actually talk to someone (press 5 if I remember). The automated results are the ones from the draw, not the leftovers.

I sent mine in Friday morning but must not have been on the top of the pile because I got my second choice.

• Like 1

Man, only 83 tags left for the hunt I put in for! Hopefully, when I call them in the morning they will have good news for me!

Lady at AZGFD must have been tired of answering calls today because I waited thirty minutes to talk to someone and when she answered she told me the results would be posted online by Thursday or Friday. Found it kind of odd because I didn't think they posted leftover results online. Guess I'll have to call again tomorrow and bother her some more to find out if I get the tag I put in for.

Anyone looking for a NOV 8th unit 29??? I didn't get drawn so I sent in for the leftover down there. Never been down that way even to visit but I have done some research in the past and have wanted to go for a while. Going to be a backpack trip for 4 days if things don't go as planned in August.

Casey, you must be getting the same tag that I am. There were the same number of tags left. I tried getting Hector to put in for one also but he is going to help on a sheep hunt that weekend.

Just called and found out I picked up the late Nov 29 hunt. Pretty stoked looks like me and the 6.5-06AI get to make it happen after all. This was also my 2nd choice.

Looks like me and the Sendero are going down south this year drew the late Nov- Dec hunt.

if your smart you'll hunt the burn that went from hoseshoe canyon up to portal but im pretty sure the rd is still blocked at the entrance which will make for better hunting as no one has been up there- few will pack or walk in anymore

• Like 1

Looks like I got my 3rd choice. Unit 35A Oct25-31. My buddies have that hunt so I will just join their camp. Was 10th in line waiting on azgf main office. Went pretty quick though.