Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Catfish TIme!

The rain is pouring, the rivers are flowing, it's catfish time!

Took my oldest sons to my favorite catfish hole yesterday and had a great over-night trip.

post-478-0-49002400-1374910174_thumb.gif

post-478-0-65230200-1374910194_thumb.gif

We let a few go, had some twist off the stringer but sill had a 30+ pound stringer. Fun trip with the boys before school starts.

• Like 5

Now that is what I call a very successful fishing trip and with the smiles them young men have on their faces I would include a fun trip was had by all. I'm not to sure they will be able to concentrate much on school work after that trip. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Sounds like a great trip. A stringer full of fish is just a bonus.

Pine donkey, you hit the nail on the head. Sometimes with guys this age they act like rivals. Both of my older boys were great on this trip. They carried their part and worked a good camp, didn't fight, and just recognized dad was trying to create a memory for them.

It hasn't always been that way. Glad it was this time.

Nice. Nothing like a good stringer of eatin cats. I like making up spicey Cajun catfish fillets. Good stuff!

Yeah, I'm with you on that - The way I prefer to cook catfish is a little too hot for the fam, so I use Cholula or Tabasco with lime after it's cooked. I'm sure you already have a good recipe for spicy hot fish and poultry, but I'd like to compare notes some time if you want.

Nice. Nothing like a good stringer of eatin cats. I like making up spicey Cajun catfish fillets. Good stuff!

Yeah, I'm with you on that - The way I prefer to cook catfish is a little too hot for the fam, so I use Cholula or Tabasco with lime after it's cooked. I'm sure you already have a good recipe for spicy hot fish and poultry, but I'd like to compare notes some time if you want.

I cant' remember the name of it, but there is a spicy breading mix that you can coat the fillets in. It is pretty good, but not too hot for the family.

Looks like a fun trip. Some of my favorite childhood memories are fishing trips with my dad.

Nice bunch of fish there!! Can't beat that flathead meat.