Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

camera senerio what would you do

Keep an eye out for another camera watching the camera he just placed... Tannerite is amazing stuff..

+1 watch out for the security cam whatever you do

I actually had this same thing happen to me a few years ago. They took my camera down (which was not in a lock box) and put their camera (which was in a lockbox) in the same exact spot as mine and tried to hide another camera (also in a lockbox) pointed towards the area to try and catch me messing with theirs! Upon finding this I was very upset because this camera held a little bit of value to me. It was giving to me by my father as a birthday present and it was my first trail camera. My camera was placed at the top of a mountain so I had the whole way down the hill to think about what I was going to do about this. After some angry brainstorming and not wanting to lower myself to the level of a thief by stealing or breaking their cameras I came up with an ingenious plan. I would drop my drawers and go #2 on one camera while the other camera took pictures of me! Not only would they have a stinky nasty mess on one camera (which they would have to eventually touch) they would have very unpleasant pictures to look at on the other! It was about then I saw a pile of salt I had never seen before on the way down the hill. Upon closer inspection there was a camera that looked just like mine overlooking the salt. I walked up to it and low and behold it was mine. These jerk offs stole my camera put theirs up in the same spot and relocated mine to look over another spot! I took my camera back and have used lock boxes ever since! Never went back to complete my master plan though. I was just happy I got my camera back. So!...tomgobbler the reason for this long story is to give u another option of how to deal with this without destroying or stealing back the camera!

This is a tough one. Sounds like its pretty certain the person in question did it, since the tracks went to the tree where your's was at, and then to the tree where theirs now is, and it was only three days... I would be pretty tempted to take theirs as my replacement at minimum.

Tough call, I would not take thier camera because I could never lower myself to take something that is not mine. If I had another cam I would place it to get a picture of them and also leave them a note explaining what happened with my number. If they did not call I would place thier pic up all over the Internet if I was able to capture a pic of them. Like I said tough call, but I would never take what is not mine. I'm sure you have justification on whatever you decide. Good luck!

• Like 2

You could also add an additional lock to their chain and or help them keep water out of their lock with some superglue.

• Like 4

You can't make assumptions it may be a third party that took your camera. Try leaving a note to see what kind of a response you get. I hate thieves !!!

YES do make assumptions , I gewt sick of hereing that its oviouse whats going on why do you think his is locked, sorry but why do we always stick up for the damb theves. shot that camara up. people who think they own everything need to ngo to Hxxl and die. this is why i don't use cameras anymore because derespectful asses. im done sorry

Tough call, I would not take thier camera because I could never lower myself to take something that is not mine. If I had another cam I would place it to get a picture of them and also leave them a note explaining what happened with my number. If they did not call I would place thier pic up all over the Internet if I was able to capture a pic of them. Like I said tough call, but I would never take what is not mine. I'm sure you have justification on whatever you decide. Good luck!

+1 NEVER TAKE WHATS NOT YOURS! At this point I would put out several cameras watching the road/trail in and camera's watching cameras watching cameras leave them a note with a contact number! Document all of this with GPS , pictures of your cameras and save it to make a police report! Leo's wont do a thing unless you have doumentation of what was stolen,where it was stolen and when! Some on here won't agree but just try it! If you know a local Sherrif maybe call him with a heads up!

• Like 1

Very simple solution... Get some superglue and put it in the key hole on their lock, and walk away... This way you don't have to steal anything. Also use common sense and don't get your picture taken...

Tough one for sure. Is there a spot to put a cam up at the end of the road? Maybe get them and vehicle plate on cam!

I bet a third party is involved.Nobody could be that stupid.I put up 3 cameras in 3c on saterday.I hope its not one of my cameras your talking about.

• Like 1

hum what do we have here! nobody could be that stupid! WHAT

Can you see the cam from a few hundred yards away? If so, target practice. You are most likely never to get ur cam back neither catch the fella, might have some fun with it, but of course be ready to deal with consequences if you get caught, enjoy and keep us updated. If you do happen to damage or steal their cam, don't mention it on here, you may be likely to run into these fellers once the season starts too, act ignorant

• Like 1

If you shoot it then next week someone will post, "some dane person shot up my camera"

• Like 1

Its only a matter of time till were reading a story in the news about someone beiing killed over a stolen camera.

• Like 1

I say toss it in the water minus the memory card, with a note on the tree saying hope you brought your swim trunks.

• Like 1