Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Anybody start their hunting beard?

Shaved off last year's on Monday morning and started growing a new one. I grew my first hunting beard in 2011 and have been basically bearded ever since.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Every couple of years I get these bald patches that develop near my chin. This past spring it happened again, so shaved it off because it looked terrible. Patches are still there, usually takes about 6 to 8 months to grow back. Not looking very promising at this point. I graduate in Dec and plan on doing a lot of bowhunting from then till the end of January. Even if it still looks terrible at that time I'll grow it out.

Guest akaspecials

I started mine about a week ago. My new girl friend actually encouraged it so I figured I'd go with it this year! Ha.

I keep a Van Dyke or Goatee or whatever you call hair on the lip and chin, all year long. I let the "joe dirt" grow in for hunting season.

• Like 2

Well........started mine in June. Normally not till early August. Woke up a few days ago and didn't like what I saw so cut it off. I'll get it going again. Just jumped the gun:)

I started mine in may. My wife didn't like it said it was to early in the year for a beard. So I shaved it off. She likes a winter beard keeps her chest warm at night.

• Like 1

I started mine in 1968. Its finally starting to look like something.

• Like 4

I thought i was the only one! I grow one every year, helps keep my face warm. I started mine last week but I still shave my neck, can't stand the neck-beard.

• Like 2

My wife has only seen me clean shaven one time. Couple years ago my daughter wanted to go as Jessie from ToyStory, and she wanted me to go as Woody, wife was BoPeep, and my youngest was her sheep. Well Woody is clean shaven. As soon as the wife saw me she said grow your beard back now....

Beards are like a knife or lion tag. Never leave home without it...

post-3620-0-41367800-1375374049_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-23301900-1375374074_thumb.png

post-3620-0-89088500-1375374098.jpeg

post-3620-0-81613100-1375374118_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-76078200-1375374160.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqfe9u6VUI

• Like 8

I thought i was the only one! I grow one every year, helps keep my face warm. I started mine last week but I still shave my neck, can't stand the neck-beard.

+1... So glad to hear I am not alone!!

• Like 1

My dad suggested I grow one about 10 years ago before hunting season. I hadn't yet killed a deer and he said it was time to mix the luck up and grow a hunting beard.... That year, 3 months before the hunt I quit shaving and finally tagged my first buck! I grew one every year, until 5 years ago when the career I started had grooming standards, so no more hunting beard for me. Damnn you, professionalism.

• Like 3

Started mine May 1.Should double last years length by my late archery hunt. Hope it brings me luck again. Duck Dynasty here we come.

• Like 2