I have decided that I am going to just go ahead and buy a new bow instead of fixing up the one I got. I was surprised to see brand new bows as low as $199......I have decided to make my limit $300 since I wasn't even planning on buying a new bow. Are the bows in this price range good bows???? Which would be the best?? If they aren't good bows then I probably wouldn't do it...and I ask if they are good bows because I've seen the 700+ price tags on some of the others. Now I don't expect a $300 bow to match up to a $700 dollar bow but I would like to know if for $300 I'm getting a real piece of junk or not. Thanks everyone for the advice on the previous thread and on this one. Daryl

You might want to see what Archerytalk.com has in its classifieds... with the new bows about to be released you might be able to get a good used setup at a great price.

j-

Are yopu talking $300 for just the bow or for the whole set-up? Arrows, rest, release, and site are going to run you another $150.00, even for the cheap stuff. Which, by the way, the cheap stuff will kill a deer just as dead as the pricey stuff.

I would go to see the ones at the PSE shop if you can. Who cares if your paint job is not perfect. I would say you will get a good Bow for that price. Like said above any bow will kill. People shot PSE and fred bear bows long before there was a Mathew bow around. I still do not shoot a mathew. I shoot a Martin that I have had for a few years now.

You should'nt have a problem getting a package deal at PSE for 300, couple years ago my buddy bought a bow from them and it came already set up...Even came with arrows and he only spent 200.

The bows at Pse are brand new and most are previous year models, my past 2 bows were bought there. You can get a great bow package for under $300.00. My AR 37 an '05 model was $508.00 out the door!! My Pse Carrera bought in '05 was 269.00, these are package prices. They have a indoor & outdoor range so you can shoot them before you buy!!! B)

Switchback XT

Look on e-bay too. I've got a couple of clearance ones on there from my shop (pse's). Seller i.d. is lmarchery. Have two novas & a dakota. Just sold a firestorm lite on there for $305. Another thing to keep in mind on the price end is your own ability. Some people shoot 1" groups & some people shoot 8" groups. Not much point in paying a thousand bucks for a bow that can drive nails at 40 yards if you can't. Besides, if you put a lower end bow in a shooting machine it would still shoot a better group than most archers do.

If you buy a bare bow and need accessories then go to WalMart, they are about to start the yearly clearance of their archery stuff. I went to Colorado last week and my father-in-law had bought a used PSE and wanted to get into shooting, I set him up with all accessories including 4 arrows for about $55.

Grizzly your right the walmart here in Casa grande, has already started mark downs, time to stock up. Muzzy's are down to $13 for 3 pack, I paid $17 last month. B)