Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

whats the best flashlight to carry in your pack

I was sick of buying crap in the $30 to $40 range that would work some of the time. I also was not a fan of trying to get three AAA batteries in correctly in the dark. After some research I bought a zebra light headlamp, which runs on one AA battery and puts out 200 lumens. It is nice to have all of the electronics in your pack run on the same battery. If I just would have spent the $64 in the first place for a zebra light I would have saved myself a lot of money and headache.

I normally forget mine so its what ever a buddy has for me to barrow.... ;)

Fenix lights are extremely bright and very affordable. I have the TK-21 and it is 450 lumens, it blows all the surefire lights out of the water for about $60-$75. Also the stream light super tac-x is a very good light for around $80. Surefire lights are a thing of the past!

The VERY best flashlights around are EagleTacs. At work we use the D25LC2 Mini. They are slight larger than a AA battery and put out an amazing 720 lumens. These little bad boys rock! If you buy a 3200mAh battery for them they will literally last weeks on the lowest setting and 2-4 hours on the highest setting. Light, batteries and charger run about $115

If you have a smart phone its good to get a flashlight app incase you forget your flashlight for your pack. That's saved me before.

the Fenix flashlights are amazing!! i got two this summer for my nighttime owl work. they light up the forest! much better than my old surefire. I ordered mine online, but afterwards I saw that sportsmans had the fenix flashlights at the mesa store. I got the TK-15 and TK-22. You can get rechargeable batteries for them. They run on two CR123A batteries or one rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery. The rechargeable batteries are really lightweight and it's easy to carry a spare.

You can read a ton of reviews of these flashlights on amazon.

2 votes for fenix over surefire? Something must be wrong with my fenix cause it doesn't compare to my s.f.....

Which model did you get? Maybe you just got one of the lower end fenix models? They have a huge variety of models. The TKs that I got are AMAZING! My surefire was an older model and it just burned through batteries too fast and wasn't nearly as bright as these Fenix.