Sign in to follow this  
StickFlicker

And then there were ....157....

After the completion of the drawings for the various species for 2013 hunts, there are 157 people left in the max point pool for bighorn sheep. Here are the max point amounts for each species, along with a listing of how many people hold that point level:

Not to discourage those of you that are just thinking about starting to collect sheep points, but there are 114,500 people that currently have one sheep point!

It's amazing there is a person out there sitting on 17 javelina points.

• Like 4

I was thinking the same thing........

And turkey, must not want to hunt!

Goulds applicants

• Like 2

I think there were 185 max pointers going into the sheep draw. I may not be exact but it was close to that.

Goulds applicants

Then they need to come with me to Sonora and get over with the wait :)

How many sheep hunters had max points before this years draw ?

The same report in 2012 showed 177 of us with max bonus points for sheep. There should have been 21 tags issued in the 20 percent pass plus a few in the random draw. The numbers don't work out to end up at 157. The only possible explanation is that some applicants got the hunter education point which brought them up to max.

Thanks Stick flicker. I was wondering about turkey today. I have 15 points so not quite in the max point pool. Still waiting for that Gould's. Plus you can still hunt o/c archery turkey. Then, time for a Rio. Trying to get all three archery in Az. Not too many people with max turkey points.

How can you have that many javi points??? I've got tag #1 in unit 23 with 5 or 6 points before.

Thanks Stick flicker. I was wondering about turkey today. I have 15 points so not quite in the max point pool. Still waiting for that Gould's. Plus you can still hunt o/c archery turkey. Then, time for a Rio. Trying to get all three archery in Az. Not too many people with max turkey points.

How can you have that many javi points??? I've got tag #1 in unit 23 with 5 or 6 points before.

How do you even end up with 5 or 6 pig points? I honestly don't think I have been unsuccessful in the draw.

The are only a couple units that sell out (22,23, etc) if I don't draw I just hunt leftover or OTC in another unit and save my bonus points for next year. Then add loyalty and hunters ed, and buy an extra point they add up fast..

I wish I could draw a 23 tag every year.but I seem to only get them every other year. You must have pretty good luck flatlander..