Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

Harley

Many of you here have seen lots of pictures of my Harley girl over the years so I figured I'd share some more one last time.

She was 12 years old and has been very energetic every day she's been alive, even up to last Sunday. I'm not sure what happened, I think it was something stomach related as she seemed cramped up last week but after giving her some meds she was out running and chasing lizards. She cramped up again the next day but the meds didn't help as good and she passed away that evening.

I am very thankful she didn't suffer, had a long life and I was able to spend time with her one last time before she passed. She was an extremely loving dog, she always had to have her paws on you or sit on your feet to make sure you didn't go anywhere without her. She was a cuddler and had spent many nights curled up in the foot of my sleeping bag or wedged in between my wife and I in bed at home.

I think I've been in denial or shock these past few days that she's gone. I've been in the woods scouting ever since and this is the first time I've been home and it's just now hitting me. My wife and I haven't had kids so Harley has been one of my "kids" for 10 years. Makes it extremely hard and I'm missing her very much

Here's some pics from a recent scouting/camping trip with my wife and kids....

photo_zps384f8b8c.jpg

photo2_zps3e42d569.jpg

photo1_zps380950c8.jpg

Here's some pics that some of you may remember over the years of my Harley girl....

ShedHunting2012_5993_edited-1.jpg

Rafflesheds.jpg

BrutusHarley.jpg

07Greer14.jpg

07Greer2.jpg

Harbean2.jpg

Sorry for your loss.

All dogs go to heaven, I'm sure of that.

My deepest condolences to you and your wife Jim. I do remember some of the pictures of Harley and I'm glad you posted them again along with some recent ones for us to share. She was a beautiful dog and there's no doubt had the best lovin and care a dog could possibly have I'm sure. Thoughts and prayers to help you and your wife with the healing process.

TJ

Sorry to hear of your loss Jim. May her memory last forever, she was beautiful.

Jim,

I am sorry to hear of Harleys passing.

I believe our dogs are one of life's greatest gifts.

The photographs you shared seem to show her personality and I love seeing her in her pink sweater.

You and your wife were blessed with having her and Harley was truly lucky to have you as her Dad.

Wow, that is so sad. Take comfort in the fact that you gave her a great life and she didn't suffer long at the end. She is very beautiful and she was blessed to be loved by you and your wife! RIP Harely....

Very sorry for your loss. I remember those shed pics well. She definitely had a great life as part of your family and she'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm very sorry for your loss Jim. It looks like you gave her a wonderfull life. The last picture got me chocked up!

Adam