rageinthesage

Another toad hits the dirt

I've been hearing about some of the bucks in unit 9 in the park for years. I've driven into the park a couple times just to get lucky enough to see one of these beasts. They all seem to be off the road that goes along the rim. Does anyone else have any photos of bucks from 9 in the park from past years, i would love to see them. I remember 5 years ago or so a pic floating around of a super stud in the park. Post up some pics of big 9 park bucks please if anyone has any. Has anyone else ever heard of any other bucks killed in 9 that were also seen in the park previously, i'm curious if they jump the fence very often.

• Like 1

Nice!!

Can't wait to see additional pics. Especially the rack from the other side. So far nothing on the Facebook page. That buck is a stud. Would be awesome if there was video also

I got a 1000 this picture wasnt supposed to get out, the kill pic that is. Hopefully all the speculation is wrong but if not one more reason us hunters get a bad name.

• Like 1

Does it make anyone else laugh that 90% of the threads that go more than a few pages worth of comments has controversy going back and forth?

• Like 4

Does it make anyone else laugh that 90% of the threads that go more than a few pages worth of comments has controversy going back and forth?

I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of all the back and forth, lol. Innocent until proven guilty. Congrats to the hunter! That's a heck of a buck! Even though I am crazy for Coues, non-typical mulies hold a special place to me...

There's no controversy here, that's an awesome buck, and one that dreams are made of. I just have always wondered about those giant deer killed and filmed over the years up there . Animals move a lot in their everyday cycles, and most people know that. I would bet the buck was killed fair and square and would caution people jumping to conclusions as well. The dude that killed the buck pulled off something i have thought about for years, and that's getting one of those elusive park beasts when he makes a mistake jumping the fence. That will be the biggest buck killed south of the ditch this year with any weapon. What an awesome buck, and what an awesome job. Anything other than praise is unjustified.

Couesmagnet. Those deer don't leave the park. That's why they are 230 inches. Find one guy with a trail cam pic of those deer off the park. Lord knows there is a camera every hundred yards up there along the fence for elk. I've seen it. You won't find one cuz they don't leave the park.

Snicker candy bars and crackers is how you get those bucks to jump the fence!!

That's it i found a guy in town that has one heck of a mix for just this situation. It has everything in one mix, snickers bars, sweet feed, deer cocain, corn,brown sugar, salt but it's flavored with acorns, and last but not least , green apples. i'm backing a dump truck right up to the park fence and unloading it all there. I almost forgot, on the label my buddy put it was produced for the cattle industry. Top off the pile with 3 cams and walla, instant 230 park deer . It's the only chance i have of getting one to jump the fence, and all i want is a pic anyways.

This has been chewin at my gut for a couple of days.Does anyone else else out there find it odd that no other pics have surfaced. Not on this websight, but the facebook page posted by the poster. Any guide business would have this beautiful animal posted in a nanosecond,I know I would.The instant I saw the pic I knew it was the buck pick on my phone sent to me opening weekend of archery deer. Saying there is no controversy here just doesnt seem to go down well. I guess we will see. I pray that buck was legally taken.

Snicker candy bars and crackers is how you get those bucks to jump the fence!!

That's it i found a guy in town that has one heck of a mix for just this situation. It has everything in one mix, snickers bars, sweet feed, deer cocain, corn,brown sugar, salt but it's flavored with acorns, and last but not least , green apples. i'm backing a dump truck right up to the park fence and unloading it all there. I almost forgot, on the label my buddy put it was produced for the cattle industry. Top off the pile with 3 cams and walla, instant 230 park deer . It's the only chance i have of getting one to jump the fence, and all i want is a pic anyways.

Let me know when you are backing that truck up ... I can shoot a buck and have a snack at the same time ... I love green apples and Snickers bars!!!!

• Like 1