Sign in to follow this  
jboots

Pressed for time but got it done

My 17 year old daughter just started a new job about a month ago and was not able to get any time off other than her regularly scheduled weekend, which is Sunday and Monday. With a little help from a couple of friends, one who had the archery tag in the same unit, we located a buck that I thought she would be happy with. I was worried that this buck would not make it through opening day because it was one of the biggest of 3 good bucks that we knew about. My daughter did not have to be to work on opening day until 10 am, but her unit is about an hour drive at the shortest point to her job. She did not want to take any chances on being late to work because her new job is a stepping stone to her dream career. Well, being the awesome dad that I am, I told her we had to make a go of it anyway, even if we only got to hunt for a couple of hours.

Opening morning we were to meet one of my friends where we left the buck the night before and make a plan. The buck was still there but there was also a truck driving the area within about 1/4 mile of this buck and his does. We made a plan and began to move knowing that we had to have my daughter on the road to get to work by 8:45 and it was now about 6am. On our way to the buck, the truck in the area ended up shooting at another buck in the area and our herd began to move with a purpose. After sneaking, running, sneaking and running some more, my daughter dropped this buck where he stood with one shot and the rest is history. After pictures and field dressing, she was on her way to work by 8am. It was short but sweet and a memory of a lifetime.

post-5989-0-50107900-1378785633_thumb.jpg

post-5989-0-20541500-1378785743_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

VERY, VERY, VERY awesome!!!!!!! So cool!

Kudos and thanks for sharing with the site!

S.

:)

PS: I'm gonna show this post to my little Greta as soon as I get home tonight! ;)

Awesome! Congrats to you and your daughter, I cant wait to take my girls out hunting. My oldest is 9 and getting excited. I will show her this story and pictures, it will be sure to get her fired up!

Way cool! Congratulations to the both of you on a very beautiful speed goat.

Very nicely done. Might be 25 years before she gets to do that again in AZ. Way to make the most of her small window of availability. Nice shooting too on a super buck.