rclouse79

In denial

Monkey liver extract, coconut water, blue eye of newt, ox tail, elephant scrotum, and estrus. Mixed with 4-5 tabs of air borne and blessed by an African witch doctor who lives in the out back of Australia. If you do all that, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Thats one of my biggest fears is gettin sick right before a hunt.

I know everybody is different but what works for me is a couple chicken pot pies

plenty of water and a few cold ones. Like granny used to say "alcohol kills germs" ;)

Bummer! I got sick in the middle of my elk hunt a couple years ago....it sucked! I kept hunting everyday but it was exhausting being sick while hunting. Everyone responds differently to the over the counter meds....what works for me doesn't work for my husband sometimes. But usually Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) will work for me to relieve stuffiness from a cold. I also try to drink lots of water and airborne/vitamin C mixes. Eat well and get lots of rest. Maybe you will get lucky and it won't develop into a big cold....maybe it will just be a few days of mild stuff.

• Like 1

I had shingles on a December WT hunt once. That sucked. I mean seriously, I was 18. Who gets shingles at 18??? As far as a cold, mucinex doesn't do crap for me. I pound the nyquil hard before bed and get lots of sleep then follow it up with gatorade, vitamin C and echinacea during the day.

I had shingles on a December WT hunt once. That sucked. I mean seriously, I was 18. Who gets shingles at 18??? As far as a cold, mucinex doesn't do crap for me. I pound the nyquil hard before bed and get lots of sleep then follow it up with gatorade, vitamin C and echinacea during the day.

shingles? at 18? that's awful!

shingles? at 18? that's awful!

I know right? I guess I used all my good luck up drawing back to back unit 31 December WT tags.

When I feel sick, ibuprofen always seems to be what makes me feel good enough to get through the day. I've got that crud you were talking about (for almost 2 weeks now) and it shouldn't be enough to keep you down. A surplus of sleep and rest usually don't go hand in hand with hunting, but sleep always does a body good.

Get some Zicam if it hasn't turned to a full on cold. For a runny nose, get some Afrin nasal spray. That usually stops the runny nose for me and lets me breathe. The stuff is amazing!. Havent hunted sick yet, but EVERY time I have to stay home sick from work you can find me at the lake with a fishing pole

I like to take pills that have echinacea and goldenseal in them. It seems to speed up recovery for me. It is over the counter, I think the major brand name is that Natures Own company. It's all natural. That and some vitamin C.