We found this buck late in the afternoon of opening day. My dad glassed him up from about 800 yards. I made a stalk down to 230 yards. By the time i made it to my spot he was bedded down. I waited him out for quite a while. It was getting dark fast so we made enough noise to get him up. He only went less than 10 yards and went down. I grossed him at 85 1/8

fullfront.jpg

It was getting dark fast so i dodn't have much time for pictures so i put up a pic of his left and right sides

right.jpg

left.jpg

We found this buck late in the afternoon of opening day. My dad glassed him up from about 800 yards. I made a stalk down to 230 yards. By the time i made it to my spot he was bedded down. I waited him out for quite a while. It was getting dark fast so we made enough noise to get him up. He only went less than 10 yards and went down. I grossed him at 85 1/8

fullfront.jpg

It was getting dark fast so i dodn't have much time for pictures so i put up a pic of his left and right sides

right.jpg

left.jpg

That is a nice buck, I wonder if it was coming down... I wonder what it would have looked like last year?

Redman

It does kind of look like it's on the decline but it's mass isn't overly large, so probably not a real old buck. You didn't happen to look at the tooth wear on that buck to age it did you? Did he seem like a young buck?

Amanda

I was guessing going down hill also. Just bad genes I guess. A dandy buck though no matter how you look at it. Congrats ;)

I think that buck is pretty. Remember the drought. There will be a lot of bucks that will look similar. It is not all about the genes. The enviornment plays a role. Congratulations Youngbuck.

Bob

Great looking deer! Looks like you had some fun and you spent the time with family. Congradulations!!

:ph34r:

I think that buck is pretty. Remember the drought. There will be a lot of bucks that will look similar. It is not all about the genes. The enviornment plays a role. Congratulations Youngbuck.

Bob

I say that deer had yet reached his full potential . In a couple of years with that width and that fourth point coming off the left side , you never know. Plus the hunter said it was a young buck.

Nice job on a young buck "young buck"! especially with the old man too, cool, classic spot and stalk story you got there, they'll only get bigger for you from here buddy!

DAN