Apache7mm

San Carlos Unit B.....MONSTER!!!!!

/> Straight up coues buck. Amazing how many game biologists are on this site. Every time a huge coues deer is taken, someone on this site will drop the first " subtle" phrase such as ears look big or color looks like a mulie or some other BS. Funny thing is, all the giants that come from Mexico are seldom if ever questioned. Please for respect to the hunter, refrain on your opinions and just congratulate the guy. Cracks me up that people have the nerve to ask for photos of the tail or something. The guy posted pics for us to enjoy, if your jealousy is too much just keep the comments to yourself please. By the way some of the bucks coming off the Kiabab are way too big, wondering if something is going on between the deer and elk up there?!

Well said brotha!

Congrats Julius, Looks like a big coues buck to me. Coues deer on the same hill can look different. brown / gray

Well put mc68

• Like 1

Straight up coues buck. Amazing how many game biologists are on this site. Every time a huge coues deer is taken, someone on this site will drop the first " subtle" phrase such as ears look big or color looks like a mulie or some other BS. Funny thing is, all the giants that come from Mexico are seldom if ever questioned. Please for respect to the hunter, refrain on your opinions and just congratulate the guy. Cracks me up that people have the nerve to ask for photos of the tail or something. The guy posted pics for us to enjoy, if your jealousy is too much just keep the comments to yourself please. By the way some of the bucks coming off the Kiabab are way too big, wondering if something is going on between the deer and elk up there?!

I did ask for a pic of the tail but it wasn't out of jealousy, I said congrats and I am happy for him. I was just curious because I have seen and taken pics of Hybrids and the tails seem to look different than a wt. that was my reason. I am in no way an expert so I am trying to learn and this site has so much knowledge and willingness to help each other out and learn from each other. It is an awesome buck that looks a little different so sorry if we asked questions or made assumptions, it was not meant to be harmful in anyway. If it is a Hybrid he should be proud of that as well in my opinion, to kill a rare species is amazing.

Pixman

• Like 2

Great buck! Personally, I see it as a complement to ask if it's a hybrid. I'm not sure what the insult to the hunter is here.

Pixman is the master of taking pics of the elusive hybrid and Coach is one of the nicest guys on the site. I'm a little disappointed people are getting called out for their fascination of the rare hybrid and the possibility/non possibility this awesome buck might be one.

Just my 2 cents but I don't see these posts as jealousy or negative in any way.

• Like 4

Great buck! Personally, I see it as a complement to ask if it's a hybrid. I'm not sure what the insult to the hunter is here.

Pixman is the master of taking pics of the elusive hybrid and Coach is one of the nicest guys on the sight. I'm a little disappointed people are getting called out for their fascination of the rare hybrid and the possibility/non possibility this awesome buck might be one.

Just my 2 cents but I don't see these posts as jealousy or negative in any way.

Thanks gotcoues!

Hello Hunters.... Havent had a chance to view all the comments and finally have..... Well first of all thanks for all the congrats.... Ive seen this buck twice and of course the horns threw me off the first time... until the flag was raised.... that was 2 years ago while I was guiding the November coues hunt.... One of my hunters said oh look at that small muley... I had to go peak and come to find out it was a coues.... He was about 100in at the time and we tried getting him and failed to.... If its a hybrid to some hunters.... its acceptable.... I have 4 muley bucks that score over 170 and I know if this was a 120 muley I wouldn't even look at him twice.... I saw the face first and saw the unmistable ring around the nose and ears... plus his body is no where near a muleys 200ib body... after packing him out we had maybe 70 pounds of meat... I am very excited I was able to connect on a buck like this. In my big own big huntin heart I will go to my grave knowing I shot a big san carlos coues whitetail and proud. Hybrid or not... I am very happy and thank God for an awesome animal and experience like this one.... God bless you all hard core coues hunters out there, and those who found interest in this deer and I will post more pics when I have time 2moro.... thanks Dan for all your help.

• Like 9

Hello Hunters.... Havent had a chance to view all the comments and finally have..... Well first of all thanks for all the congrats.... Ive seen this buck twice and of course the horns threw me off the first time... until the flag was raised.... that was 2 years ago while I was guiding the November coues hunt.... One of my hunters said oh look at that small muley... I had to go peak and come to find out it was a coues.... He was about 100in at the time and we tried getting him and failed to.... If its a hybrid to some hunters.... its acceptable.... I have 4 muley bucks that score over 170 and I know if this was a 120 muley I wouldn't even look at him twice.... I saw the face first and saw the unmistable ring around the nose and ears... plus his body is no where near a muleys 200ib body... after packing him out we had maybe 70 pounds of meat... I am very excited I was able to connect on a buck like this. In my big own big huntin heart I will go to my grave knowing I shot a big san carlos coues whitetail and proud. Hybrid or not... I am very happy and thank God for an awesome animal and experience like this one.... God bless you all hard core coues hunters out there, and those who found interest in this deer and I will post more pics when I have time 2moro.... thanks Dan for all your help.

HOSS --- julius, Congrats again on killing a BIG coues buck!! Jim Reynolds

A----mazing! Absolutely incredible trophy, congratulations!!!

Huge congrats HOSS! As I said before - that is one of the most beautiful deer I've ever seen. I'm sure you are on cloud 9 right about now, and with good reason - you killed the buck of many dreams right there. If anything I said regarding the genetics of this amazing deer was percieved negatively - I whole-hartedly apologize - that was certainly not my intent. That's an amazing buck, and couldn't have been taken by a more deserving hunter.

• Like 1

I guess I will explain myself a little more on this subject. If you go back and read the original post, you will clearly see that nowhere in his story does he state that he thinks he may have shot a "hybrid". True to form, we have a couple congratulatory responses and then we get our first " expert opinion" that the buck looks like a mule deer cross, followed by a couple +1's and wind up with someone actually asking for a pic of the tail...I guess I just don't think its any one else's buisness to ask for any justification on this persons trophy. Like I stated earlier, you don't see these "observations" coming up on smaller bucks. When these experts offer their opinion it is usually on an extrodinary buck. I know that most of the people putting these posts up are not trying to honor the animal, they are trying to diminish it by stating it is something other than incredible. I would also suspect that there is a large amount of jealousy involved. All in all this is a long winded response that can probably be better said by this, the next time someone takes an amazing animal, simply congratulate the hunter and keep your dumb a$$ responses to yourself. Julius, absolutely incredible COUES buck!!

• Like 2