Apache7mm

San Carlos Unit B.....MONSTER!!!!!

I guess I will explain myself a little more on this subject. If you go back and read the original post, you will clearly see that nowhere in his story does he state that he thinks he may have shot a "hybrid". True to form, we have a couple congratulatory responses and then we get our first " expert opinion" that the buck looks like a mule deer cross, followed by a couple +1's and wind up with someone actually asking for a pic of the tail...I guess I just don't think its any one else's buisness to ask for any justification on this persons trophy. Like I stated earlier, you don't see these "observations" coming up on smaller bucks. When these experts offer their opinion it is usually on an extrodinary buck. I know that most of the people putting these posts up are not trying to honor the animal, they are trying to diminish it by stating it is something other than incredible. I would also suspect that there is a large amount of jealousy involved. All in all this is a long winded response that can probably be better said by this, the next time someone takes an amazing animal, simply congratulate the hunter and keep your dumb a$$ responses to yourself. Julius, absolutely incredible COUES buck!!

Again congratulations to the hunter, great trophy regardless!!!!!!!! I made a comment that it looks like a mule deer, I guess that makes me one of your "experts" mc68. "I KNOW that most of the people putting these posts up are not trying to honor the animal,...." ".......THERE IS a large amount of jealousy involved." I'm so relieved we have a MINDREADER on this site! ".......keep your dumb a$$ responses to your self." You've wisely backtracked and chosen to exonorate COACH of your accusations. What about our host Amanda? From what I've read on this site the woman knows more on the subject than most could hope to. In my opinion she's a true expert! How about a little respect. As for me, I'll still voice my opinion and hope and try not to offend any one. CHILAX bro!

Congratulations on a great buck!

It does look like a muley/coues hybrid. If you still have the legs (or photos of the legs), the check the gland on the outside lower portion of the rear legs. You can measure the length of the gland to determine species or hybrid.

Maybe you shouldn't have "explained" yourself.

Kinda looks to me your the one disrespecting this mans post, not the hybrid club.

Who needs a DJ when we can have a new sheriff instead.

Funny, another big animal posted and right behind it all the bickering starts. What an awesome buck, what an awesome job finding and harvesting him!!! I also think it's funny how many hybrids people think there must be running around these days. Heck pretty soon 2 out of 10 deer will be hybrids to some. I don't buy the whole hybrids theory still, ya maybe one in a thousand type odds. Excellent deer, i want one with g2's like that..

• Like 1

Gave Coach a pass because his original post was definately out of character for him, he's not the kind to try and steal someone's thunder and he said that later. IMO Amanda was wrong for fueling the fire about hybrid. Like I said, the guy did not ask for questions about the genetics of his deer. All in all though, I shouldn't expect anything else from this site anymore. I personally know several people who have quit doing anything with Cwt.com because of all this kind of nonsense. Wheres Lark when you need him? Let's be done with this and just admire the guys trophy...

• Like 1

Congratulations on the coues buck of a lifetime! I love it when coues deer bucks take on genetics like that; What a gorgeous trophy to be able hang on your wall. I hope to be able to take a buck with genetics like that one of these days. Way to go man.

That is awesome.

The first time I saw a picture of this buck I just about cussed...

"saying holy chit that is a monster whitetail"...I dont cuss usually..LOL

Congrats Hoss! The thing is incredible.

Jeff

Looks like you shot that in Alberta rather than Arizona it is so big! Congrats on a buck of a lifetime. I am sure many long hours have been put in to harvest a trophy like that.

• Like 1

I guess I will explain myself a little more on this subject. If you go back and read the original post, you will clearly see that nowhere in his story does he state that he thinks he may have shot a "hybrid". True to form, we have a couple congratulatory responses and then we get our first " expert opinion" that the buck looks like a mule deer cross, followed by a couple +1's and wind up with someone actually asking for a pic of the tail...I guess I just don't think its any one else's buisness to ask for any justification on this persons trophy. Like I stated earlier, you don't see these "observations" coming up on smaller bucks. When these experts offer their opinion it is usually on an extrodinary buck. I know that most of the people putting these posts up are not trying to honor the animal, they are trying to diminish it by stating it is something other than incredible. I would also suspect that there is a large amount of jealousy involved. All in all this is a long winded response that can probably be better said by this, the next time someone takes an amazing animal, simply congratulate the hunter and keep your dumb a$$ responses to yourself. Julius, absolutely incredible COUES buck!!

because i said the face looks like a mule deer? get bent