Apache7mm

San Carlos Unit B.....MONSTER!!!!!

Congrats on an awesome buck, When I first saw it I thought Hybrid as well. How about a pic of the tail!

Pretty slim pickin's for Muleys in the area but some are present, hands on the horns up in your face and its all coues, just huge, I remember someone posted before way back saying there are probably more hybrids than we know about, the topic just only comes up whenever there's a beastly coues or obvious questioning :) deer of a lifetime, said his client had a chance at this guy 2 years ago but never got a shot.

Tail pic...

1mrz.jpg

I remember this guy from the 2008 Flight, nearly same area as back then, same tilted forward 2's, weak claw on left and stronger claw on right, my did he grow!!!

apv2.jpg

ovq1.jpg

DAN

In those last 2 pics of the buck he isn't flagging like a wt should when it takes off. I took some pics of 2 hybrid doe's this morning that I will post up soon, they didn't flag when they took off running they were stotting like a muley not like a wt does

I've seen a lot of big coues bucks run and not flag. Saw one yesterday hauling butt after my little brother in law scattered bullets all around him and he never lifted his tail once. So a buck not flagging doesn't mean he isn't 100% coues. Might just mean he's wise to the game.

I certainly respect Dan's knowledge of deer, and specifically the deer he watches grow year-to-year. As awesome as those last two coues bucks are - this buck, IMO has an entirely different shaped rack. What would be G2s on this buck would have to be 12" on the right and 14" on the left. The whole growth pattern is very characteristic of a mule deer, the long curl, fronts splitting - but so much of him looks just like an old coues. The shorter ears, the tail, those freaking awesome eyeguards.

I'm definately in the "hybrid" camp on this one - but any way you cut it, that has to be one of the most amazing, beautiful deer I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Straight up coues buck. Amazing how many game biologists are on this site. Every time a huge coues deer is taken, someone on this site will drop the first " subtle" phrase such as ears look big or color looks like a mulie or some other BS. Funny thing is, all the giants that come from Mexico are seldom if ever questioned. Please for respect to the hunter, refrain on your opinions and just congratulate the guy. Cracks me up that people have the nerve to ask for photos of the tail or something. The guy posted pics for us to enjoy, if your jealousy is too much just keep the comments to yourself please. By the way some of the bucks coming off the Kiabab are way too big, wondering if something is going on between the deer and elk up there?!

• Like 6

/>Straight up coues buck. Amazing how many game biologists are on this site. Every time a huge coues deer is taken, someone on this site will drop the first " subtle" phrase such as ears look big or color looks like a mulie or some other BS. Funny thing is, all the giants that come from Mexico are seldom if ever questioned. Please for respect to the hunter, refrain on your opinions and just congratulate the guy. Cracks me up that people have the nerve to ask for photos of the tail or something. The guy posted pics for us to enjoy, if your jealousy is too much just keep the comments to yourself please. By the way some of the bucks coming off the Kiabab are way too big, wondering if something is going on between the deer and elk up there?!

Well said brotha!