Sign in to follow this  
Azjeeper

How many sight pins?

I have a 4 pin black gold ascent. 25/40/50/60-120.

We all use Black Gold 5 pin Ascents in our shop...30-70 is REALISTICALLY covered for hunting situations...if its past that I have time to range and seconds to dial,no counting pins and if an animal is walking toward/away from me no adjustments like a single pin,still takes us out to 150 yards...but there is no right or wrong..whatever sight, doesn't matter as long as you practice and are confident/proficient with it....

nlacost thank you that is some good solid advice, I am leaning towards the Black Gold sight its probably the one I am going to get. I am just getting into archery and wow it is addictive. I think the Black Gold sights will be good for my bow now and for when I eventually upgrade to a newer faster bow.

My MR5 shoots so flat, I use a spot hog 5 pin. 20, 40, 60, 80, 100... so I would say it depends on you and your bow. And like nlacost said, practice and know your bow is the other half of mastering your shot. What did u end up getting?

Does anyone know anything about the Trophy Ridge react sight? Ive narrowed down the choices between that one or the black gold 5 pin.

I just bought the black gold and I really like it. I used to shoot the spothogg 7 deadly pins. It was a great sight just a lot to look at while hunting. I suggest a 5 pin over the 1 pin for hunting so you don't have to make adjustments every time the animal moves. With 5 pins you are set for anything under 60, after that you adjust by sliding the sight down.

I have the trophy ridge react 5 pin on my hoyt. Love this sight easy to dial in & works great

I shoot a CBE 3 pin adjustable. Get what you like and practice, sounds obvious but what I mean is if you have confidence in your site and like it then you wont have to think about it.