Sign in to follow this  
Guest 300ultramag.

Skunkzilla!

Guest 300ultramag.

4 days of glassing the Mrs.(Sarah) and I only turned up 3 deer (2 of which were muleys, ouch) To say the least, by day 4, both of us were wore out and running on fumes of hope. It was her vacation and her tag and I was feeling horrible, as this was her first hunt and 4 days of hunting only 2 deer were seen- no elk,turkeys,coyotes,javelina,coatimundis.. etc We were absolutly SKUNKED with a coues tag in-hand. This was a hard pill for me to swallow I couldnt imagine how she felt.. well this was the 3rd deer we found in the 4 days of braving the wind and rain. She made great work with the tikka .270 One shot, died in his tracks. I was blown away to watch this deer go down. Great job Teec! We wer blessed to have this time in the woods together.

The best part was while we were breaking down camp together she says the magic phrase "I cant wait for next years hunt"

post-2006-0-46981800-1383845076.jpg

post-2006-0-67813600-1383845499.jpg

post-2006-0-51522900-1383845594.jpg

• Like 1

This is a good example of how perseverance pays off. I need to remember this story when I am out hunting. I tend to get pessimistic after a few days of nuttin.

Congrats again to you Sara and Beau for making her dreams come true. Like I said last night you now have a hunting partner for life...:)