Sign in to follow this  
Dan H

2013 WT Hunt

Well it was an awesome early Nov hunt, saw 2 bucks I really wanted but could not close the deal.

The weather was awesome with the exception of the wind, it was relentless all week.

We packed into the Superstitions for 9 days and covered some awesome country seeing lots of deer everyday.

A special thanks to NatTroutAz for helping me pack the meat out.

I thought he was a 4x4 but only 3 on the one side and a broken tip on otherside noticed aftershooting him in his bed at 315 yards.

We never saw any lion like I hoped but it sure was a blast.

Found 4 metates on one hill, indian ruins all over, the brush mutilated me a few times but even with the scars I have no regrets.

Old man Steve held tough hiking in and out and turning 64 out there and I know he will always remember this hunt, excellent job Steve.

We went 1 for 4 so when I get the deer sticks done I'll diddy it up amongst us.

Can't wait to see the bucks next year.

Dan

Pics were not the greatest but when mounts done I'll repost. And the metates soon.

post-382-0-81145900-1384127481_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice buck! Sounds like you had a great adventure and an awesome archaeological find. Hope to see a picture of those metates soon. I also found a couple of pestle & mortars while helping a buddy on his muzzleloader hunt, they're a rare find.

Sounds like a great time. Alot of excellent discoveries and on top of all you got your deer. Congrats on your nice buck!!