Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Late Archery Bull 2013

I was able to harvest this year's bull this morning. I spotted some elk on a ridge and could see what looked like a decent 6x and a 4x. I decided to give them a try and started up a ridge that paralleled the ridge the elk were on. When I reached the top the 6x bull fed out in front of me and was broadside at 115 yards. That was to far for a shot so I watched as he walked up and over the ridge. I then started for the top of my ridge to see if I could pick him up on the other side.

I reached the top and started stalking down looking for the bull. I picked up the movement of two elk and ranged them at 76 yards, but it was 2 rag horns and not the 6x. I then heard movement to my left and ranged the tree it was coming from at 55 yards. I drew back and out walks the 6x. I cow called to him and he stopped broadside. I heard what I thought was a miss and nocked another arrow as the bull ran 15 yards and I stopped him again. Then I got to see him fall over. The first shot was perfect.

I called the wife and she brought the packs and kids out for a great family day of packing out meat.

post-3109-0-70840800-1384914574_thumb.jpg

post-3109-0-58288700-1384914718_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Jealous! Wasted my late archery bull tag. Great job!

Man I am jealous of you guys who can kill a bull on these hunts. I've had a handfull of late archery 22 tags and now 2 unit 8 late archery tags and just cant get it done. Congrats thats a pretty bull and a good looking pack string.

Congratulations on another late season archery bull! You seem to have it dialed in. Way to go and great way to spend the day with the family.