Avid Hunter

Help me choose the better bino harness

Ok so I am in the market for a better bino system than what I have now. I currently use a crooked horns harness and I cannot stand how it rides up my back and into my neck. The binos bounce around and overall I am frustrated with it.

I have pretty much narrowed down my choices between the Nimrod Bino-Topia and the Badlands Bino Case.

I like the Nimrod because it seems it would be quicker/quieter to get to the binos and seems more secure than the crooked horns design. Does anyone have experience with this system? Does it ride up your back?

My biggest fear with the Badlands is that the large pouch on my chest will interfere with range of motion while hunting. I assume it wont be in the way while drawing my bow, but will it be in the way of my pack? Does the shoulder straps make your pack uncomfortable? Can I still use the chest buckle strap on my eberlestock while wearing bino case?

Overall I like the protection of the Badlands but I am worried that it will be too big on my chest and in the way? Is this true? However I like the price of the Nimrod in comparison.

Also is it possible to use the RangeSnap on the Badlands?

Thank you for any info on experience with either of these products!

Badlands, don't think they'll interfere with your bow. Take your bow to the store and try it out or borrow a buddies. LOVE mine! They keep my binos protected and clean.

I like the plain old bino harness from Sportsmans warehouse, it's fits snug and works great for me. I don't know anything about the two you mentioned.

I am interested in responses as well. I too want a new harness. Elk Hunter had a pretty good review on a number of harnesses this past summer issue and I would like to see some of the harnesses in person.

I can't stand the regular harnesses with all elastic and want something that holds them firm to chest and keeps out dust, twigs and moisture.

I have the badlands and I like it. Keeps your glass protectected while hiking in the brush and keeps the dust out. I dont have a problem when I shoot my bow and it doesnt interfere with my pack. I bought mine pre markup for the so called special magnet in them, I am not sure I could justify the price now days but I do like it.

Which binos are you wearing around your neck? I use the nimrod with the crooked horn cover. I have had the one Amanda sells, the badlands and I prefer this setup. Been using 12x50 swaros with this setup and really like it.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Crooked-Horn-Bino-Shields/productDetail/Binocular-Accessories/prod9999013165/cat100084http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Crooked-Horn-Bino-Shields/productDetail/Binocular-Accessories/prod9999013165/cat100084

Which binos are you wearing around your neck? I use the nimrod with the crooked horn cover. I have had the one Amanda sells, the badlands and I prefer this setup. Been using 12x50 swaros with this setup and really like it.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Crooked-Horn-Bino-Shields/productDetail/Binocular-Accessories/prod9999013165/cat100084http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Crooked-Horn-Bino-Shields/productDetail/Binocular-Accessories/prod9999013165/cat100084

I will be using 10x42 Swaros with the setup.. so this an enclosure you snap around your torso?

NIMROD. Mine has held up to the abuse of 15x56s 50 days a year for 7 years. Bombproof and comfy

I really like my Badlands Bino case. It works great to seal out dust, brush and rain. It is a bit bulky on the chest, but does not interfere with the bow string or pack straps. My Leica 12x50's fit easily, and I know other folks have been able to squeeze in the 15's. I had a range snap on it for a while, but found another item that works better for this setup. The only downside, it is difficult to do one hand operation (open case, pull out binos) when stalking in close and needing a quick look through the binos. They have a tether system so you can leave your binos hang outside the case, but that is twice the bulk...I don't like it. Chasin' A Dream in Payson had these for $70 a while back...not sure if they still have them. Otherwise, the inflated price is outrageous. The S4 Lock Down system looks like it addresses this issue well, but less protection. I haven't tried the other products.