Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

The Beginning!!!!!

Well its finally here. I leave in the morning to begin the most epic journey of my hunting career. I will be headed to 6A in hopes of harvesting a giant Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep with my bow. The first two hunters killed two tremendous rams both scoring over 180"'s. I can only hope to have such good fortune. I have spent 13 days scouting and I have seen well over 100 hundred sheep. By opening day I will have spent 18 days scouting and 12 or 13 of those were solo trips. I have met some amazing people along the way and I can't wait to share this hunt with some of my closest friends and family. I received numerous tips and photos from multiple CWT'ers and I appreciate all of their help. Once I return I will post some pics and video of my scouting and hunting trip. If you want hunt updates check out Jay Scott's posts under the Sponsers Section. It has been a truly amazing ride and I feel so fortunate to even have this chance. The sheep in 6A are a true success story that was created by the AZGFD and some outstanding people that work there. These sheep were transplanted in 2005. There were initially 65 sheep and today that number has easily doubled and possibly tripled. In a few weeks I hope to be posting a picture of a giant AZ Ram. I would like to thank my wife for putting up with my sheep insanity. It started the day I found out I drew a sheep tag and it has only gotten worse with each passing day. Babe, I appreciate all your support and patience in dealing with my sheep insanity. Just think it will only last a few more weeks!!!! Wish me luck!!!

Brian

• Like 9

Go get em! You've certainly done your homework. Can't wait to hear all about your hunt :)

Thank you for educating me about the history of the sheep in 6A. My husband and I sure enjoyed watching them on my Coues hunt! They are amazing animals and I basically just sit there flabbergasted watching how they manage the cliffs the way they do.

Have fun and enjoy!

Good Luck Brian!

I know you will stick a giant! Have a great time and cant wait to see the pics! It will be a great Christmas present!

~Mark

>>-----> Shoot Straight! Can't wait for the updates.... Go get 'em!