Kaffer62

2006 Deer tag Filled!

Well I finaly shot my 1st coues deer.... he is not the biggest buck but a great buck in my book especially for my 1st and since he came from an area with not a huge coues population makes it even better...

100_0620.jpg

100_0626.jpg

Did you have to fight him UFC style. It looks like you gave him some great knees in the fight. You are right you tagged a great first coues buck. Congrats on him.

Hey congrats! so give us the hunt story. real nice buck and I like the USMC sticker - "SEMPER FI"

azyoung

Great looking buck!

Well the story is... mostly luck ha ha... I went down to my hunting unit which is 40a on friday night. On saturday morning I hiked back into this canyon and did some glassing mostly looking for muleys, moved a little further down did some glassing and so on and so forth.. then I happened to walk up this small finger staring to glass into it and about the same time my buck stood up out of his bed and stuck out like a sore thumb, he started meandering through the brush only about 100 yards away, right away I saw his tail and antlers and since it would of been my 1st coues I didnt hesitate one bit. Sorry about not posting a hunting story I was just in town for a little bit. I spent the rest of my hunt helping out a good friend of mine gr8 wht jr down in unit 33, he actually tagged a nice 5x2 yesterday a little goofey on his right side but a good buck non the less, but I will let him tell that story.....

Guest Ernesto C

Goo job, is not a sorprise to find coues in 40A. There are some big ones in the 45's also. We will be waiting for your friends pictures and story.

Hey congratulations on the buck!!!!!! That mountain is very familiar!!!!....hahaha Glad you tagged a coues, its been a long time since anyone has tagged one down here.

Yup its a really good mountain ha ha....

I knew you would probably recognize it.