trophyhunter

What's Scarier?

Im with you on that Ernesto. I always give them the one finger Wave or show them what it looks like to look back down my barel. They will usualy put theres down very fast and head over the hill.

Unfortunatley, the bags of money found in the plane in the Rincons was rotted and no good. The guy who found it was pissed, because he had seen the glare up there on the mountain for a couple of years before he decided to hike to it. If I remember it was like $80,000 worth of rotted bills.....

Lance

Statistically speaking you have a much greater chance of getting your vehicle broken into or stolen at Sportsman's Warehouse then you do by the mass of illegals crossing the borders. I am more frightened in my own neighboorhood then when I am hunting at the border, which I do quite often. There has been four house's broken into within 100 yards of my house. The media has labled the neighborhood next to mine Meth central. I am looking into home alarm systems. So when I am glassing tomorrow in 36b I will not be worried one bit about lions or IAs. My thoughts will be on who might be watching my own house. Hey AZ-ON-ICE. Is there any lots available in Wyoming?

Bob

we hunted 36b for the last two years. Last year I saw a lion at a water hole. ( didn't have a tag) This year we heard a lion caterwalling within couple of miles of the one I saw last year. It was quite an experience. We never were able to see it, but we followed it for quite a ways. It seemed to always stay close to us. We think it was a female in heat. Have you ever had a house cat that was in heat? It was kind of like that. It would go on for 4-5 minutes YEOW,YEOW,YEOW,YEOW. Then it would stop, and then something would set it off again. Once it was a helicopter, another time Max coughed and that set it off. It was in some pretty steep rugged country. If a fella had some dogs they would get a lion in that area, maybe two.

Oh by the way, we got a couple of nice bucks last thursday. Packed out the meat and antlers a couple of miles. Will post pics when I figure out how too. :)

"Unfortunatley, the bags of money found in the plane in the Rincons was rotted and no good. The guy who found it was pissed, because he had seen the glare up there on the mountain for a couple of years before he decided to hike to it. If I remember it was like $80,000 worth of rotted bills....."

I read something a long time ago about a government department that inspects rotted or even burned currency and pays out fresh money.

I have not heard about the crashed Cessna with drug money. However, quite a few military planes from what now is Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson crashed in the Rincons and the Galiuros during the training of pilots in World War II. Human remains and valuables were already removed in those I've seen, for which I still am grateful.

Bill Quimby

My girlfriend is an immigrant from Argentina & works closely w/ the hispanic community. One of the services she provides is preparing documents for undocumented people to apply to become legal residents. Since I've dated her (almost 3 years now) I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of these people, and from what I've seen, most of them really are hard working people who want a better life for their kids. Unfortunately, though, the coyotes & drug runners get the attention and cast all of them in a negative light. And, of course, our economy cannot sustain unchecked immigration, like we deal with now. From their perspective, though, they're not crossing the border to get a better paying job, they're coming to get a job period.

On point I found interesting was a coupld months ago when President Bush tried to call all of our Nat. Guards down to the border & Gov. Schwarzenegger refused, citing that it was the beginning of fire season in Ca. & he need his troops where they were. He made the comment that even though illegals are crossing through CA, AZ, NM, & TX, it they were dispersing from here to throughout the entire country, and so other states like Wyoming, Nebraska, etc. needed to kick in & send us some of their troops. Makes sense to me. It's a national problem, so why does it only fall on the southwestern states to deal with it?

Re: money. About a year ago, I found $750 bucks out where illegals dump their backpacks and stuff. It was 100-dollar bills mostly, and very messed up. Two banks would not take it -- they said it was "dilapidated." It turns out, as long as they can read the serial numbers, the money is "tarnished" but not "dilapidated." Bank # 3 took the money and gave me fresh bills. I bought a new bow. BTW if it is dilapidated, you mail it in to the treasury, and they are supposed to replace it . .. so where's this $80,000 now???

Oh-and IMO -- lions are the king of spooky. They scratch up illegals and legals just the same, and they are harder to detect. Illegals usually run like quail through the desert, away from me. So whado I care? Drug runners may be scariest, but I've not encountered them yet. Knock on serious wood.

"My girlfriend is an immigrant from Argentina & works closely w/ the hispanic community. One of the services she provides is preparing documents for undocumented people to apply to become legal residents. Since I've dated her (almost 3 years now) I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of these people, and from what I've seen, most of them really are hard working people who want a better life for their kids."

Only in America! We provide "undocumented people" -- criminals who are violating our laws -- a way to become legal residents instead of jailing or deporting them.

It would be wonderful if every illegal alien in this country were like a family we know. The oldest son was number three academically in his large graduating high school class in June and has gone on to college. He wants to be a doctor, and I'm sure he will. His younger brother and sister also are achievers. Their parents are hard-working people who pay Arizona and U.S. taxes, refuse welfare programs, and are contributing to our society. They have been in Tucson for about fifteen years. To send them away would be our loss.

Unfortunately, this family is not typical. Many illegal aliens view the United States of America merely as "Mexico North." Our costs of health care, education and law enforcement are obscene because of them.

I don't know how to separate the desirable illegals from those who should be deported, but I do know the invasion must be stopped.

Bill Quimby

Being a person who's family was in Europe 4 generations ago, I think that most of us in here are lucky the native americans didn't have the means to "jail & deport them."

You are right i am glad my family came here leagaly and gave me the chance to live in this greatest nation on Gods green earth.

Strictly speaking anyone who breaks any law is a criminal. I'm a criminal every morning when I hit the 60 & set my cruise control for 7 mph over the limit & all you people who tailgate & fly by me are definitely criminals.

You want to build a big 8 ft. cinderblock wall w/ razor wire all along our southern border, that sounds great to me. I'd happily pay a tax on that. I'm going to have to insist though, that we also build one to the north, as I have a good friend that used to work for the border patrol on that end & he tells me the flow of drugs from up there is also significant. I'm also going to have to insist that before we seal the gates, we're going to have to kick out everyone who does not contribute more to the tax base than they consume. AFterwards we should adopt a strict policy of economic darwinism. The fit survive & the rest go extinct. No reason I should have to pay 10-15k in taxes every year when other people are getting back thousands more than they paid.

Seriously, everyone knows that the millions of people entering this country illegally are a burden & bring some problems with them, but that's just a drop in a bucket full of problems our economy has. As for the drug runners & coyotes? Hand 'em over to AZG&FD. I'd put in for a tag! That problem will clear itself up in a hurry.

Mr. Quimby, I couldn't agree with you more. Until the U.S. starts holding the mexican gov't. responsible nothing will change.

That is a huge part of the problem. I read an article that said money sent back to Mexico by migrant workers in the U.S. is the 2nd or 3rd largest portion of their economy. Their gov. actually hands out pamphlets that explain how to sneak in & what to dress like. They give them tips such as if you find a railroad track you can follow it in either direction because it will eventually come to at town. I couldn't believe it.