trophyhunter

What's Scarier?

I always hear these scary stories of lions stalking hunters and snagging their deer somewhere they left it. Maybe not always true but still makes you wonder that one day it could be you. I know that hunting in thick brush with lion sign everywhere makes me a little nervous. Hope I'm not a baby. I've camped down in the 36's a few times and always wonder just what these illegals would possible do to me or my stuff if they wanted to. Either situation, I'm usually armed and very DANGEROUS. Just wondering what ya'll think.

I have wanted to try to draw a tag in the southern units, but I am very uneasy about the illegals, and the coyotes. People are far scarier to me than animals, not that I would feel great about hunting in a lion infested area. Its rediculous that this topic even has to be brought up, and I am afraid its not going to change anytime soon. :angry:

iv hunted 36a and 36b for the last 5yrs in bow season and every time i see illegals they dont hang around long this year i have not came across any and ive been out alot my xd9 with high cap clips make me feel a little more comfy out there i dont let stuff like that slow my hunting down

I can shoot the lion and have a tag. That way i do not get in trouble. I can shoot the illeagle and not have a tag and most likly get in some kind of trouble. (just a bad joke by the way). :blink:

I have body slammed lions before. No worries with them. Illegals with bigger backpacks than mine and rifles scare me.

Bret M.

My pack tends to be larger than most so I am comfortable there just ask Scottyboy :D

I don't like the illegals at all. Never been bothered by them but have heard plenty of stories. Don't hear near as many lion stories though.

Personally I would be more spooked over a lion....

IMO, Illegals just want to get across the border as fast as possible with as little drama as possible.

Drug Dealers pushers are a different story.

J-

Don't forget the Sasquatch's they're very scary!!!

Lions don't really scare me and neither do illegal's, it's the drug smugglers. However, since I don't really do much hunting down south it's not a big concern for me. Up in some of the northern parts of the state where I do spend a lot of time there is a growing problem with the drug farmers. Those guys scare me! I don't think they'll hesitate to shoot someone for stumbling into their pot farms. I've heard that many of the major Mexican and South American drug cartels are the ones funding them because it's becoming more and more difficult to smuggle drugs across the boarder. These guys are bad news!

Stop and ask yourself. "how many people do you actually really know that have been harrassed by Illegals. I have been more harrassed by other hunter thasn illegals.

This hunter has been shot at while they tryed to jack my truck with me in it. Still have the bullet hole in my truck to prove it. My wife and kids came about 1 1/2 feet from not having a dad and husband to provide for them. So far that is one in seven from this post. Oh yes and don't forget the old lady they beat the heck out of out on I-10 to still her car to get as far as they did to me.

Just a side note to this post. I was glassing yesterday near where the National Guard is positioned. I counted 10 MASH unit tents on the hills bordering Mexico. As I get up to move 7 UDA's all dressed in dark black cover are scurrying through the wash and hurrying to get up the ridge out of site. So even though the National Guard is conducting operations. Border patrol is going full force, they're still "brazen" enough to sneak across in one of the most 'watched' areas in the state. Don't ever let your guard down in the southern hunt zones and make sure that you go get 10.00 lion tag to take care of your concern there.

Understand what Arizona GUIDE is saying and use common sense and judgement.

I'm looking forward to my December hunt and won't change my plan , but will always proceed with extreme caution. :ph34r:

AzP&Y

Lets be honest here and call them what they really are. Illegal Aliens!!! UDA's or Undocumented Aliens is an attempt by the liberals to be politicaly correct and make them sound like they are not criminals. The simple truth is they are not here legally and they are aliens to this country = Illegal Alien. Trying to candy coat things just makes the problem worse.

I'm not picking at you AZP&Y, just making a point. :)

Glad your still alive Arizona Guide. I'm sure these dangerous encounters are rare, but are still very possible. How many people do you know that have been robbed while sound a sleep in their bed? I don't know any personally, but dang sure I keep a loaded 357 right next to mine. I know very few people who don't have some sort of weapon close to there bed eventhough they have never been robbed. All these encounters are very rare, but we should still all be prepared. As much as some of us get a field, the chances just keep increasing. Better to be safe than sorry. Ain't that the truth TAM.

I have seen both of them where I hunt. I wouldn't worry too much about lions...I always hope to see them....I never hope to see illegals. I have hunted many times in 36B and have only seen illegals once, and we always hunt within a few miles of the border. Although the encounters are pretty uncommon it only takes one time running into the wrong group. I bought an XD-40 over the summer and when down south it is on my hip during the day and under my pillow at night. Hopefully I won't ever have to use it but if I do then I will have it.

A neighbor of mine had some guys down south tell him that they were going to take his Jeep. He pulled back his jacket revealing his .357 and told them that he didn't think that that was going to happen. They just turned around and left. Just having it with you can be the difference maker.

I don't worry too much about being down in the southern units but I will not camp alone and I will always have my sidearm with me.

I have had lions as close as 6 feet when calling, but these lions never chased me or shot at me, like the illegals. I have been chased by drug runners and shot at by drug runners while hunting down south. My brother also had all of his food stolen in his camp. What has this country come to when you have to be scared to hunt in your own country???

We can thank "El Presidente Bush" for this!!!!!!!!!