hoghntr

**Lets here your thoughts about new paper tags AND tags being withheld till jan1. :)

Interesting. So if its just a paper tag why cant we buy them online? NM tags are paper as well and can buy them online. When you kill you just fill in the circle and fill out time and date of kill.

I think its good. I can take the tag to work and copy and print out as many as I need. Season never ends.

• Like 11

Sounds to me like it would be really easy to poach... I don't think it's a very good idea...

People willing to poach are going to poach regardless of the piece of paper the tag is printed on.

That is not what Wal Mart was giving out yesterday.Same old tags as we are used to getting. I did see a guy get a new combo license and was given a yellow carbon copy of his license, probably was not the right copy.

I don't have one of the new tags so I can't compare. I've often wondered why Az's were so different than other states and frankly didn't like the adhesive at first. I've stuffed tags in critters ears, mouths, gambrels, and zip tied or electrical taped to horns/antlers and wherever it works to keep me legal. But I don't think it's a big deal, figure there are bigger things for me to worry about than what my tag looks like. Hopefully, once they get their system figured out, it'll be smooth sailing..at least we don't have to wear our license on our hats or jackets like some states back east...

/>That is not what Wal Mart was giving out yesterday.Same old tags as we are used to getting. I did see a guy get a new combo license and was given a yellow carbon copy of his license, probably was not the right copy.
I quit buying license and tags from Walmart years ago after a clerk sold me the wrong license. Game Warden gave me a break when I got checked although I was in the wrong. Been overly concerned about it since, I always double and triple checkup tags and license now and don't buy from Walmart.

/>That is not what Wal Mart was giving out yesterday.Same old tags as we are used to getting. I did see a guy get a new combo license and was given a yellow carbon copy of his license, probably was not the right copy.

Was it at norterra? they filled out mine and realized guy before me was given wrong copy and had to start mine over while that guy is now hunting illegally!

I dont know if they are temporary or what i just know many hunters who normally go new years eve and buy tags to hunt did not get to do so.. unlike some other members i dont want anybody to miss out! heck if their quicker to arrive and more persistent-skilled etc then that is good for them. with all the idiots on atv's and target shooting on new years day legal hunters is last thing to worry about. i just thinkwe are allowing Game and Fish to really push us around. :( they got us by the juevos

The yellow copy is the correct copy. These are the temporary license and tags they could get produced in time to sell. Word is they will get the new old version back soon.