hoghntr

**Lets here your thoughts about new paper tags AND tags being withheld till jan1. :)

A tag is a tag I got all paper and it won't effect taggin the animal the problem is when I fall into Roosevelt or Apache lake this summer with my wallet in my pocket.

Probably have to laminate it at work.

Eeeeeh:-)

/>How am I supposed to wallpaper my garage with unfilled tags if they are not sticky backed? dang game and fish

I have not wallpapered with them but do have nice collection from past 31yrs.

/>The yellow copy is the correct copy. These are the temporary license and tags they could get produced in time to sell. Word is they will get the new old version back soon.
If you have a yellow copy you must be guy that was infront of me! paper tags from dealers are very much white but yes one of the copys they are supposed to retain are yellow.

But then again maybe they handed out various colors just to screw with us. ??

Selling tags at dept offices only, that's BS and unreasonable. Giving out paper tags to some folks and adhesive to others, who flipping cares. For most of us, a dept office was not a long drive and with a little prior planning could be achieved without major issue. It was inconvenient but I found a day to do it long before New Year's Eve. There was no line.

It amazes me how whiney a bunch of supposedly rugged men are. Game and fish is there to conserve wildlife, who cares if my tag is cheesy.

• Like 1

/>Selling tags at dept offices only, that's BS and unreasonable. Giving out paper tags to some folks and adhesive to others, who flipping cares. For most

Bravo.. ok paper sticky no difference to you.. excellent. ok now were gettin somewhere.. now how do you feel about them not selling at retailers until the day of the archery hunts starting???

Selling tags at dept offices only, that's BS and unreasonable. Giving out paper tags to some folks and adhesive to others, who flipping cares. For most
I hear ya bud but to me it's about quality control have a standard and stick with it after all they have all year to plan.

Point is im just sick of them doing as they wish. since when do we put a fall hunt (2013)in the following spring (2014) regs?? what was that all about?

*Could possibly they have wanted us in G & F office with sole purpose of selling all the leftover tags so we can have a big piggy slaughter while they make a killing of their own? hmmmmm. so to you guys who did not get the psychic memo that you could not buy your tag the eve of 31st i am so sorry but G & F probably had record sales that day and saved the 5% retailer fee. so sorry about that hunt you planned but maybe next year..

I guess i was bit nieve cuz up until their baiting ban i really thought you all were nuts thinking G & F was so crooked but after they did that for "CWD" throwing all scientific data out and from what i heard acted very disrespectful to hunters who went to prove our case.. well i guess i am now on board with thinking they are opportunistic. period the end!

I'm annoyed that now I have to invest in a plastic sandwich bag to protect paper permit while afield...and then use the same bag and attach it to the animal. What if I'm planning on putting a sandwich in that bag?!? :D

• Like 2

I am just wondering if the Commission amended or changed the Regulations for the new paper tags? I don't remember seeing it on the commissions agenda or in the new rule changes in the Elk & Antelope regulations.

. Except as permitted under R12-4-217, immediately after

an individual kills wildlife, the individual shall attach the tag to the wildlife carcass in the following manner:

1. Remove all of the detachable paper covering from

the adhesive back of the tag;

2. Seal the exposed adhesive portions of the tag

around the wildlife so the tag cannot be removed or reused and all printing on the face of the tag is vis- ible, and

a. For antelope, deer, or elk: seal the tag around

the antler or horn, or through the gambrel of a

hind leg;

b. For bear, bighorn sheep, buffalo, javelina, or

mountain lion: seal the tag through the gambrel

of a hind leg; and

c. For pheasant, sandhill crane, or turkey: seal the

tag around the neck or a leg.

i just got my paper deer tag from wally world, what a cheap pain in the a$$. want you to carry a sandwich bag and a twist tie or thread what a joke !

Funny I just had a hunt in Utah this last fall and I was saying how stupid it was that everyone didn't use sticky tags like AZ. So much for think AZ was so much better. We had two tags fall off from being tied on. We were trying to figure out how to sneak the deer home that were taken legally! We ended up after some frantic searching finding the tags. Cheaper is not always better!

***Licenses are now valid for one year rather than just for the calendar year. If you buy your license from a dealer or through the online draw process (when it becomes available), your start date (the date your license becomes valid) will be your date of purchase. If you buy your license through the paper draw application process, your start date will be the published deadline date for that draw. If you buy your license separately at www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses.shtml or from a Game and Fish office, you can name your own start date up to 60 days beyond the date you purchase it, and it will be valid for one year from that date. Please note that if you are planning to apply for the 2014 elk/pronghorn draw, make sure you choose a start date that is no later than the draw deadline day (Feb. 11, 2014), as you must have a valid license as of that date to be eligible for the draw.