dieselroe

134 Yard Archery Shot on 6x6

Can't wait to tell my story tonight.This should keep this going. I welcome you all to criticize and talk sh!t.I shoot a 4x4 buck today at 104 yards with my bow.It only took one arrow and it died with in 60 yards and no I wasn't shooting a rage broadhead.So let keep this going like a bunch school girls. Thank you and I'll get more popcorn out:)

Nice shot, can't wait to see the pics. Congrats!!

Please stop comparing a bow & arrow with a high powered rifle that has drop compensating technology down to the inch, windage calculations, & MUCH more kinetic energy. At 1000 yards you can shatter an animals shoulder....it will also be dead by the time it hears the report of the rifle. I don't care how fast your special bow is, an animal has plenty of time to flinch or move at 130 yards. Conditions are never perfect for an archer at that distance.

• Like 2

Coues187,

Someone just texted me a pic. I've contacted Pope and Young on a potential world record.

Standby...

Too bad he is not symmetric!

/>

dead is dead!!! whats next he poached it off grand canyon?

I heard it was a hybrid

hybrid, 136 yards with a rage broadhead. poached in grand canyon park.... word is he passed on the fritos buck 20 min before at 40 yard...he also used bait and doe urine. he cant post pics due to a magazine article that will have a detailed map of the location killed. did i miss anything?

His dad just killed a 230 inch buck in january did you see the pics.I will see if he will let me post the pics.

I joined this site for what Amanda had clearly intended: Coueswhitetail.com, "share your passion for the hunt." -not your criticism of personal choice and individual ethics.

• Like 6

I have an idea, if Lance has a summer camping trip this year we can have a contest you long range hunters that can shoot at 136 yards we throw in 40 bucks each shoot a pie plate at this range, 3 arrows and if you can't hit it 3 times you donate the money to a charity, no adrenaline from buck fever and there usaully isn't more then 15 to 20 mile an hour winds here that time of year.Amanda can pick the charity, what do you long range studs think about this,and bring your friends someone said all his friends can shoot this distance.Broadheads only no target tips.

Seldom Drawn

/>I have an idea, if Lance has a summer camping trip this year we can have a contest you long range hunters that can shoot at 136 yards we throw in 40 bucks each shoot a pie plate at this range, 3 arrows and if you can't hit it 3 times you donate the money to a charity, no adrenaline from buck fever and there usaully isn't more then 15 to 20 mile an hour winds here that time of year.Amanda can pick the charity, what do you long range studs think about this,and bring your friends someone said all his friends can shoot this distance.Broadheads only no target tips.

Seldom Drawn

Swhacker heads allowed?

I have an idea, if Lance has a summer camping trip this year we can have a contest you long range hunters that can shoot at 136 yards we throw in 40 bucks each shoot a pie plate at this range, 3 arrows and if you can't hit it 3 times you donate the money to a charity, no adrenaline from buck fever and there usaully isn't more then 15 to 20 mile an hour winds here that time of year.Amanda can pick the charity, what do you long range studs think about this,and bring your friends someone said all his friends can shoot this distance.Broadheads only no target tips.

Seldom Drawn

2gselps.gif

• Like 3

Well, as I suspected… so much for our OTC tags. Archery deer tags will become a draw here in the near future. Did I get your attention??

The biggest problem with new technology is people shooting at these great distance because they can and they are killing lots of deer! However they are wounding Elk with the same set up. Pat yourself on the back boys because you wont be when you cant hunt every year due to a draw for deer.

For all you long shot single arrow deer killers. Exactly how hard for you was it to sneak within 130 yards of a deer pray tell? Are you going to tell me a deer can hear and smell you just as well from 100 yards as 30, 40 or even 50 yards in dry brushy rocky conditions?

Getting to within a deer at 100 yards is about as easy as it gets. Closing that distance down to 40 yards is extremely tough!

I do care about how good you are making that shot. Why, because your killing deer and F&G is noticing that with new technology deer are being killed more frequently with a whole LOT less work! How is that for a different perspective that not ONE of these posts even touched base on??

IMO the archery world has gone from skill to get in close and seal the deal to fling because I can hit/kill it.

BTW, I shoot 100 yards to practice. I need bino’s to see my hit spot. I shrunk my pins down to pick a spot the best I can. It still covers more of the target spot than I like. I hope these deer stay still after you skewered them at 100 plus yards so that you can whip up the bino’s to see you exact POI. I will keep trying to close the distance under 40 yards before I take my shot. I guess im cutting my nose off despite my face. IMO I we should take a little pride in archery hunting not killing.

When we go to a draw, I'm going to practice out to 140 yards so it’s a chip shot at 100 and I can kill a deer without too much work involved. The only hope I have for my post is that all you long distance killers will think about what is going to become of our sport as we know it and you are a direct contributor to going to a draw system for deer. Maybe you don’t care. Sad.

GBA

• Like 3

Change will happen to the deer draw regardless of how many long shots are taken. It is inevitable with the increasingly bulging population of our great state. It is not so much what we hunt with, but the number of hunters who will be joining our ranks and those non-hunters who will not, but who will be voting to legislate what we do in the field.

I predator call for bear, and on archery hunts, that for me is a 20 yard or less shot. For, rifle, it is still less than a 100 yard shot. I am not upset with the marksman who glasses bears up in the prickly pear at 1000 yards and shoots them in short pants and a t-shirt without any camouflage or scent killer. Nor do I resent the houndsmen who use canines to put bears into trees. Both of these latter methods, in my opinion, are likely to yield bears a little bit easier than predator calling by hand. Yet, I recognize that bear hunters do not all seek their quarry using the same methods. "One style or size" does not fit all for hunting. I respect their passion and don't fault their choices or technology use for the changes that have occurred in our bear regulations over the past 20 years, or those that are coming down the road. Those changes will come, regardless of these things.

• Like 1

It will go to a draw regardless gotbow. I found it funny that the same year you could no longer bait was the same year we no longer have to mandatory report our archery deer killed. I thought for sure that once they saw people were killing deer without bait it would come back in a few year but now you don't have to report it and no way to see how bait didn't make that big a difference.

• Like 2

Seldom Drawn

I don't shoot that far but I would have more buck fever over $40 than a deer.

$40 is like 8 six packs of Shiner Bock or 2 bottles of Buffalo Trace.

Seldom Drawn

I don't shoot that far but I would have more buck fever over $40 than a deer.

$40 is like 8 six packs of Shiner Bock or 2 bottles of Buffalo Trace.

I was still thinking in terms of lap dances at petes, but yeah, that too.