Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Our Bighorn Sheep Slaughter Made Fox News

I'm sure all we are going to get out of all this a new reinvigorated anti lion hunting campaign from the anti's now. We sure achieved a lot here didn't we.

Many of the naysayers of this project have a woodie for the G&F from the past. You are using the sheep intro problem to continue to hammer the G&F. This is an experiment in wildlife management. Sometimes experiments dont go well and changes are made and lessons are learned. I think that you haters are using a rush to judgment on the sheep project for your agenda. This project is a 3 year project. Rome was not built over night. Winners never quit and quiters never win. I am shocked that the people on this web site who should be more in tune with the workings of wildlife and have a little more understanding of real nature are taking the naysayers side. I know that you have a right to your opinion but, i think that have an hidden agenda.

• Like 2

The g&f hater just want to be negative. Not one single post on CWT referring to anything negative regarding g&f has offered a viable solution to correct the problem. Again bc777, or azlance or even oneshot, i challange you to offer up a solution rather than just pointing out the negative. Nothing will ever get done if we all just point fingers...maybe by using your "passion" you can get some traction and support in putting an organization together to better the wildlife species in az rather just sitting at your keyboard...

• Like 2

I'm surprised bone777 and lance weren't on channel 12 news themselves wearing an anti hunter shirt screaming kill the g and f department. maybe they could hook up with the anti's soon to go after the g and f , i'm sure this would do a lot to further the sport we all love.

Please, don't forget that both of these individuals are hunters and do enjoy hunting just as much as the rest of us. Being critical of government agencies has long been a favorite past time of liberty-lovers on this American land, and if you do not speak your mind, the status quo will never change. We all know the Arizona Game & Fish isn't perfect, but we trust they are doing their best to manage our public wildlife...and when we feel they are not doing their best, it is almost an obligation that we as a sportsmen speak out in efforts to redirect their policies. Some of us are just more passionate than others in how we speak or how we come across to others, even if we do put our feet in our mouths every now and then. But, none of us, who truly love to hunt, would ever turn tail and pull a Benedict Arnold on our sporting community, including these two firecrackers. BOOM!! BOOM!!

• Like 9

Guest wdenike

I can only speak for myself. But I can't believe there can be that many blind, unaware, head in the sand people in our sport. I personally believe every private business, and government agency will make mistakes. And will make plenty. But my bitch is not about legitimate error, mine is about the blatant I don't give a chit attitude so prevalent through out all forms of government. Our tax dollars, license fees, and donations are not a giant treasure chest (toy box) for all of these power hungry elitists to piss away with no accountability. And that is what is being done. Forget about customer service that is for the private sector. When we call G&F for answers. We are not customers, we are the dam CEO's of the dam operation that pay their paycheck. Now just last week I called for a certain answer for something. It entailed three phone calls averaging 19 minutes of music and drunk boating operation. And after the third call having someone want me to call a fourth number. I politely said I already have almost 60 minutes invested in three calls and is more than apparent no one is capable to answer the question and hung up. If a simple question can't be handled, what the heck do people that are so in love with the operation think is going on with more in depth projects. And I'd bet the farm I'm not the only one with this experience. Wake up people before they run over the top of us, it is already happening!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 4

I'm surprised bone777 and lance weren't on channel 12 news themselves wearing an anti hunter shirt screaming kill the g and f department. maybe they could hook up with the anti's soon to go after the g and f , i'm sure this would do a lot to further the sport we all love.

Please, don't forget that both of these individuals are hunters and do enjoy hunting just as much as the rest of us. Being critical of government agencies has long been a favorite past time of liberty-lovers on this American land, and if you do not speak your mind, the status quo will never change. We all know the Arizona Game & Fish isn't perfect, but we trust they are doing their best to manage our public wildlife...and when we feel they are not doing their best, it is almost an obligation that we as a sportsmen speak out in efforts to redirect their policies. Some of us are just more passionate than others in how we speak or how we come across to others, even if we do put our feet in our mouths every now and then. But, none of us, who truly love to hunt, would ever turn tail and pull a Benedict Arnold on our sporting community, including these two firecrackers. BOOM!! BOOM!!

Very well said kidso, it just gets old when it's non stop and unrelenting. 1 thread started that's cool, maybe a 2nd, it's all good, on a daily basis it gets old at minimum, and must be apparent to more than me to be counterproductive at best. I'm all for being critical of anything that needs to be adressed but at a certain point it will become counterproductive as all this non stop banter progresses into the main stream media to be used against us as hunters. Ok we get it that the g and f made some critical mistakes on the sheep release, is there anyone that doesn't see that? Constantly trying to inflame everyone on a daily basis doesn't really do much more. i personally think the g and f has done a good job managing our state. On the other hand i think they have been to aggressive as of late with issuing to many elk and coues deer permits. It actually makes me mad quite often to see places close to shot out with all the new permit increases that used to be at least average to hunt just 5 years ago. The difference is i'm not going to start a thread every day on this site labeled " the extiction of our elk and coues deer" which would be a dramatic way to get people to chime in and poor more hate on the situation. That's the point i'm trying to get across. At a certain point you've said all the good negativity that should be said, and at a certain point you just start to look like a very sad person. I know bone777 and i'm sure others think i'm a g and f lover, but i'm not. Our family had an encounter with the g and f coues deer hunting many years ago that could easily warrant the hatred expressed by some on here for life. To make a long story short, the g and f tried to humiliate the highest level of honesty a hunter could show. We were coues deer hunting a long time ago and we glassed up a buck that ended up netting boone and crockett. A perfect shot was made at just 200 yards on the buck. The big buck went down , but more than 80 yards up hill from the buck tumbled another small coues buck. It turns out that more than 80 yards uphill from the big buck there was another buck we had never seen bedded there. Now we were shooting slightly downhill, and it was only 1 shot. It turns out the bullet went thru the big bucks vitals, and hit a perfectly angled rock just behind him. The bullet hit the rock and somehow went uphill 80 plus yards and blew the nose of a small buck killing him instantly. There just happened to be 3 or 4 g and f trucks parked nearby on a pull off next to the dirt road, so we drove back down to where they were parked and lucky enough they were standing near their trucks. We told them about what happened and they had heard the 1 lone shot also. Long story short they cited us for exceeding our bag limit and let us go, which was fair. Well a week later diff officers showed up at the house and confiscated the big buck they let us keep originally, and along with that gave us an additional ticket for hunting in the wrong unit. We went to court and had to show the g and f their own unit boundaries, and how they were mistaken. The judge actually laughed at the g and f for over a minute as he expunged all the charges in 1 fall swoop. it truly was a sight to see a judge tell the g and f that all they showed this young man here was to never be honest again, this was the judge saying this in court.It was nice to have the head officer come to the house to hand deliver the big buck back along with an apology. I tell this story because it was the actions of 1 or 2 g and f officers that made that experience way more than it needed to be, not the whole department. I'm not a g and f hater because someone in the department did something and got away with it. People make mistakes in all facets of life all the time.

• Like 2

A lot of folks know how I feel about the Government, but I don't hate the G&F. I don't care much for how the Commission itself operates, and there will always be a few rotten tomatoes in the basket, but there are good folks just like us that work at the G&F. I am sure the G&F is just as disappointed as anyone, in the outcome of the Sheep transplant project. A lot of money and hard work goes into those projects. Could things have been done better? Anything we do can always be done better. There is no such thing as perfect. G&F shouldn't be sugar coating the Project at the public meeting. It's o.k to admit that something went wrong, and move on from there.

I don't know much about Wildlife management, or transplanting wild game. However,If the Sheep transplant is a 3 year project, maybe G&F should have initially released a dozen sheep the first year, and manage that amount for the first year to see what the outcome might be? Adjustments could be made accordingly. I don't know how many Lions are in the Sheep's core habitat area, but one Lion killing a sheep a week, it's not hard to do the math.. Lions are highly territorial. If you eliminate one, there will always be another that will move in to an area that has easy meals available. Maybe an extensive predation study/control should have been done? I know there certainly are budget constraints in the mix that may limit the amount of time and money put into any given project.

It is always our right, and duty, to be critical of how our public money is being spent.

• Like 2

/>

/>And Jcubed for someone that doesn't like anything I say I find it very pleasing to see you post on every one of my threads knowing I have pissed you off or annoyed you. Thanks for that.

Lol. You could do neither. The only reason I respond to your factually baseless posts is to prevent some casual reader from thinking they are in some twisted way factual.

Kind of like when you accused a hunter of poaching a large mule deer in southern Az without any knowledge of the situation...

But do carry on...you amuse a lot of us.

Add this to the "signs you might be a d-bag" post.

• Like 1

Gov't beaurocracy has as fascination with so called, "higher education". If you don't have a degree from some institute of higher learning you can't possibly have anything that would be worth listening to. I know a dozen lion hunters that could have predicted this debacle and it would'nt have cost more than a phone call. By the way, why do we need sheep in the Catalinas anyway?

• Like 2

Gov't beaurocracy has as fascination with so called, "higher education". If you don't have a degree from some institute of higher learning you can't possibly have anything that would be worth listening to. I know a dozen lion hunters that could have predicted this debacle and it would'nt have cost more than a phone call. By the way, why do we need sheep in the Catalinas anyway?
because studies have shown a decline in the golden eagle population, and lambs are their man dietary supplement.
  • Like 2

Does anyone on here realize that by going on and on about this we as hunters are just shining a light on ourselves as a whole.

Mirror Mirror On The Wall,,,,,,,,,,

I just want to know why he chose to post the same exact topic in 2 different forums? And low and behold, he gets the same response in each...

/>

The g&f hater just want to be negative. Not one single post on CWT referring to anything negative regarding g&f has offered a viable solution to correct the problem. Again bc777, or azlance or even oneshot, i challange you to offer up a solution rather than just pointing out the negative. Nothing will ever get done if we all just point fingers...maybe by using your "passion" you can get some traction and support in putting an organization together to better the wildlife species in az rather just sitting at your keyboard...

My comments, along with others that thought this was a poor idea, were made long before the re-intro... The BH Sheep are there Now(in spite of the "haters" letting AZGFD know their concerns beforehand)... There is nothing possitive about this program as now implimented...

A solution to this mess??? Maybe the BH Sheep can be returned to Yuma, Maybe a realistic re-intro plan drawn-up by AZGFD with no input by the "wackos", and Maybe a few more BH Sheep tags given out while a better location is found(since they seem to do be doing well enough in some areas to justify takeing 30-40 from a herd to re-locate)...

My new organization is to be called " Big Arizona Sheep Herd", or BASH. Mission statement is to find some shred of common sence in AZGFD's Sheep re-intro into the Catalinas... Membership, Donations can be sent directly to my Pay-Pal... ( I promise to only use a "small" percentage for over-head costs and trips to Belize for "conferences"...)

Haha now that's an organization I can support! Sign me up!

Guest wdenike

My comments, along with others that thought this was a poor idea, were made long before the re-intro... The BH Sheep are there Now(in spite of the "haters" letting AZGFD know their concerns beforehand)... There is nothing possitive about this program as now implimented...

A solution to this mess??? Maybe the BH Sheep can be returned to Yuma, Maybe a realistic re-intro plan drawn-up by AZGFD with no input by the "wackos", and Maybe a few more BH Sheep tags given out while a better location is found(since they seem to do be doing well enough in some areas to justify takeing 30-40 from a herd to re-locate)...

My new organization is to be called " Big Arizona Sheep Herd", or BASH. Mission statement is to find some shred of common sence in AZGFD's Sheep re-intro into the Catalinas... Membership, Donations can be sent directly to my Pay-Pal... ( I promise to only use a "small" percentage for over-head costs and trips to Belize for "conferences"...)

Here is a guy that gets it!!!! Oneshot, you won't be able to do that though. The gooberment already declared war on organized crime. So they can conduct business in the same manner. And they aint gona tolerate any competition. It's a shame there is so many GUMBYS AND EMPTY SUITS IN THE WORLD.

Take care, Willie