Sign in to follow this  
Evinruud

Anyone concerned about this WEATHER

I was up in the Show Low area yesterday and the grasses are brown with no new growth yet. The ground was spongy wet from the big rains that just came through.

If the monsoon isn't a good one and some rain doesn't come before that, there will be forest fires because there are too many idiots out there who don't follow the fire restrictions and it was generally a pretty dry winter in most places.

Sorry guys I could care less about how rain affects antler growth. I want to spend time in the beauty of the trees....not downed burned timber that's always trying to break my ankles and my bow.

Whats your biggest bull you have taken, if it's bigger then 370 and you want bigger, it might be tough hunt.

How many bonus points do you have are you hunting archery or early season rifle bull,there are some really wet areas

even with the lack of snow.what unit did you apply for.this will make a difference.

Im lookin for 400 inchers.

Whats your biggest bull you have taken, if it's bigger then 370 and you want bigger, it might be tough hunt.

How many bonus points do you have are you hunting archery or early season rifle bull,there are some really wet areas

even with the lack of snow.what unit did you apply for.this will make a difference.

Wow killing a bull like that, DIY you are a stud, no guide no outfitter awesome ,can I ask what unit you killed it in peope who

hire a guide this year should pick an outfitter that can find bulls like yours every year.

We will have the fires, bigger and bigger, every year regardless of the rain. With the forests overgrown like they are and the crazy campers who have no brains but have big campfires, it's happening regardless. But rain would be nice.

• Like 1

Wow killing a bull like that, DIY you are a stud, no guide no outfitter awesome ,can I ask what unit you killed it in peope who

hire a guide this year should pick an outfitter that can find bulls like yours every year.

I hunted with mossback that year in unit 9. I had max points so I made the most of it. Contact chad rhoton for info on hunts 928-853-3952. I guide in New Mexico and Mexico and normally am always self guided. This hunt was the exception. I wanted to make the most of my 14 bonus points it took to draw it. There was no way I would have gathered as much information as they were able to provide. If I went unguided I more than likely would have killed a very nice bull but, after 14 years without a tag I didnt take any chances. Call chad if you have a similar situation. Awesome guy

We got some rain/snow precipitation one day early last week that greened up the grass immediately. Hopefully it was enough and timely to have a positive effect on horn growth and provide good nutrients in the future for calving. Need one more good snow in April, which we normally get each year to set these things up

I don't care about the weather… I drew a tag with my kid for the first time! It will be memorable regardless.

• Like 3

Theres not much relief in sight. With the casastrophic fire season we had around here last year, I'd expect early closures of the forests. Probably before Memorial day.

A few weeks ago, I sat through my annual fire refresher class to prepare for the upcoming widlfire season. We always start these classes with the past year's precip, current conditions, and predicted weather forecast and resulting fire season predictions. As of right now, the prediction is that this high pressure ridge that's been over most of Arizona all winter will be shifting out of here soon. We are looking at having a late spring, with moisture coming in April/May similar to 2009. All current fuel loading out there is based on last summer's monsoon season, so there isn't as much fuel loading as people think. Yes, its dry, but the recent rains have helped a little, although there have been a few recent starts. The other prediction to follow the late spring moisture is another heavy monsoon season this summer.

Of course all of this is based on computer modeling and predictions of expected trends and it could all go gunny sack in a heartbeat. The best thing to do right now, IMO, is to sit and wait to see if the spring moisture prediction comes to fruition.

• Like 1

Accuweather doesn't have any rain in the forecast for my elk unit for the next 7 weeks, which is the furthest out they forcast...